iPad Anyone bought the Speck Stylefolio?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Tony78228, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Tony78228, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

Tony78228 macrumors regular

Tony78228

I ordered the black/poppy red stylefolio, and received it today. I like it. it doesn't have the wake sleep magnets, but that's not a big deal for me, I don't mind pressing the on off button...lol anyone else have it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scubacat macrumors member

Can you comment on how heavy/bulky it is? Does it have a magnet to keep it open when the cover is folded back?

3. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I LOVE that case actually, it was my first case, but the only thing I wish it had was sleep/wake. I'm also concerned with how long the clip is gonna hold up considering it does take a decent amount of pressure to latch/unlatch it.

I'm using a Poetic Slimline now!

4. Tony78228 thread starter macrumors regular

Tony78228

I noticed it added a bit of weight, but I like the case so much, that it doesn't bother me. no magnets at all.

----------

yea, I hope the clip holds up too. if feels very sturdy. oh and one thing that surprised me, its got no vents for the speakers. but when you look at the inside of the case, you'll notice two curves where the speakers will face, and the sound bounces off the curves. I noticed that as soon as I took it out of the box, I said "hell no"..lol but I played some youtube clips with and without the case, and the sound is the same

5. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Oh I forgot about the speaker thing, that's one more thing I don't like. When listening to music, sound quality is actually diminished in this case. It makes audio sound more tinny. :(

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I have the red one with the designs on it..Valley Vista Dark Poppy/Black.

I love the case but not so much the weight it adds. The Air feels very secure in the case and I don't mind that it has no magnetic on/off built in. I like how you can fold the cover back flat to read a book and latch the front so it's not flopping around while you're holding it. Also, I think the ridges for stand mode are not deep enough and could be improved. I have a poetic case on the way too so I'll have to decide which one I like best. I may end up keeping the Speck for traveling since it seems well made and fairly protective.

7. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I bought this case in the green color at Target. Likes: it is very well made and would obviously protect your iPad and works well when using the device on your lap. Dislikes: it has no sleep/wake (why?!?!) and it is heavy and bulky. That being said, I will probably keep it for travel purposes until something better is released, probably Ozaki SlimY like I had for my iPad 3 or something similar.

8. ItalianBoston macrumors regular

9. Tony78228 thread starter macrumors regular

Tony78228

10. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

My wife has the blue one for her iPad. I didn't get my iPad until yesterday (pathetic attempt to hold out on getting one....I lost the battle lol) and I ordered the black/slate gray case for mine. I should be getting it on Tuesday.