Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strikefreedom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Hey,

I was wonderin have any of u guys brought the Ilap for the 13" unibody macbook, and wat your reviews on it plz.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
i have an iLap for the 15 inch macbook pro. And i really enjoy it. It looks really nice, it matches the aluminum and unibody perfectly. I dont usually use it on my lap, i use it to elevate the the mbp just a little bit on my desk. But ive been happy with it. Im not sure if its worth the price. While i did spend money on it, i am ridiculously picky on how things look in my work station so i justified the extra price on it.

check amazon.com for cheaper deals.

Samslice12

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
Australia
I haven't used it, only seen pictures and it doesn't look very comfortable to me. That's just me though and I could be totally wrong because I ahve never actually used it.

timsutcliffe

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
I had one

I had one for my 12" PowerBook. It worked a treat, no problems with it at all.

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
i use my laptop in my lap all the time, so i searched too hard without success until i found the ilap. I have been using it for around a week now so i can't judge it durability.

Some people complained that it takes some time to get used to it and i agree. the first few days it was not very comfortable to use in certain positions. However, now it feels great and i am really satisfied with it, though i still think it is overpriced! Final verdict, BUY IT!

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I love mine. I bought the 15" version back in the days when the MacBook Pros ran insanely hot. I do not use the fluffy velvet wrist wrest thing in the front, ... it's super easy to remove if you don't want to use it.

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
I still have mine from my 12" iBook. It works just fine for my present laptops, especially my HP Mini. I generally on use it when there is not a place to put my iCurve on.

I have the iLap, original iCurve and new 3 piece iCurve. I like the original iCurve the best, but it wont work for sitting in your lap.

My only complaint on the iLap is the black velvet really catches lint and looks dusty. But I am pretty particular so chalk it up to my taste.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
I have one for the 15" MBP and I love it. I used to use it a lot on my lap but have since moved away from that (personal reasons, nothing to do w/ the iLap). I use it at my desk all the time and it's been great. When I travel, I wish I had it with me :).

strikefreedom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
hmm, kinda mixed review here. I guess i'll think abt it long and hard. It's too bad i can't see it at the apple store (not online store)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.