Anyone buying a Series 3 without cellular?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ffosse, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Ffosse, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

Ffosse macrumors 68000

It may be a waste of money over the S2, but I'm curious as to how much faster it will be in general operation given that it has a new chip.

Plus, I don't think I'd make much use of the data coverage and I don't like EE.

2. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

I did. I didn't see the point of the LTE for my situation. It's my first smart watch and will most likely end up being a weekend/workout watch as I have mechanicals I wear on a daily basis.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

There seems to be quite a few forum members purchasing the LTE model that are not activating the LTE, which is optional. I think for first Generation Apple Watch owners, there is enough of a difference in the Series 3 the dual core Processor, 50 meters water resistance and GPS to upgrade, even if someone didn't want to activate the LTE.

As for Series 2 owners, Someome would have to want the LTE option, as it's a lot of the same, given the Series 3 appears to be praised for the speed increase.

4. Cnasty macrumors 68040

Cnasty

I would have if they offered a SS variant.

I am considering ditching my SBSS S3 as I have worn it for the last few days and while beautiful, I can't justify the price of what I am using it for (exercise and notifications only).

A perfectly good non LTE sport model will do and I will have to get over myself in thinking they look cheap. :)

5. Ffosse, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

Ffosse thread starter macrumors 68000

And to think I was bored with my AW at one point (but I never stopped using it), I just ordered a silver aluminium series 3 with fog sport band.

I'm curious as to how much quicker it will be than the S2.....I get it delivered between 7 and 9 here - it's already 7pm.

I'm just a sucker for watches; I've already bought a Swiss Rotary and a Bulova to go along with my Rado and Tissot in recent weeks. I like a mix of the mechanical and the digital.