Anyone buying the Apple Leather or Silicone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zeeyo987, Sep 14, 2014.

1. zeeyo987 macrumors regular

I really like the apple leather case for my 5s it fits perfect and feels nice even if its not the slimmest. I ordered a iPhone 6 black leather case for my space grey phone but I don't like how at the bottom it doesn't completely wrap around like the 5s cases do. What do you guys think?

2. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I bought a black leather case for my wife's iPhone 6. Arrives on Thursday.

3. WhiteHawk, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

WhiteHawk macrumors regular

I accidentally ordered the black leather case instead of the silicone one in the rush to order my iPhone 6 :) no matter, only £10 difference, usually the leather stuff is a lot more expensive, still I'll have to see how it feels, so used to silicone cases, was despatched earlier today so should be here before the phone.

As for the bottom edge, yes looking at it closer it is a bit of a concern, granted the bit at the bottom front of my current iPhone case is flimsy as it is a thin bit of silicone connected by only the left and right of the case but at least that's something. I need it to be open enough as I have my phone on a dock to charge, but anyway, if the Apple one doesn't feel safe to me I'll replace it with something else.

4. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I'm buying the Black Leather case. Have one for my 5S and I love it.

5. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Apple tends to make crappy cases, so no, I'll leave my case needs to the professionals.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

They look pretty nice. Be sure and post your thoughts about them when you get them.

7. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

When i was talking to an apple rep on friday he decided he wanted to send me a free midnight blue leather case. I was pretty stoked because they are way too expensive.

8. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

9. cnotes2019 Suspended

I'm choosing two between spigen caseology and Apples cases. Don't know yet

10. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

I bought the silicone case for my 6. It was pricey for a silicone case, and I won't see it until October. I didn't like the way my 5S leather case wore, so I decided against getting one this time.

11. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I have the Apple leather case for my 5S and it's awesome. However, after seeing the bottom of the 6 case, I will be passing on this version. I picked up a Spigen NeoNybrid for $15 on Amazon and I'm really impressed with it. We'll see what it will be like with the phone in it, but I think it will be great. Thin case but seems like decent protection for that thin of a case.

12. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Bought the Midnight Blue Leather case. Mainly just for protection until the Mophie Juicepack comes out for the 6+

13. Mark954 macrumors member

I bought the red leather 6+ for the wifes and a black leather 6+ for me. She wants the otterbox when it comes out and I'll wait for the lifeproofs release. But like the past phones, I'm sure we will go through to many cases to find the right one.

14. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

...this is EXACTLY the reason why I am still undecided on this!!

I love my black Apple leather case on my iPhone 5 but really not sure if I want to go for the leather case for the 6 - why did Apple design it with the bottom, totally open?!?!?:confused:

...this will be the colour I will be looking at ONLY if I can get passed the open bottom part!!!

REALLY undecided.....!!!!!:confused::confused:

15. gostan macrumors regular

The Apple black leather case will do the trick for me until I receive my 6+ and wait for other case makers to catch up. I am also thinking about investing $10 on a Waterfield sleeve in order to allow my new phone to go naked with ease.

16. filtre macrumors newbie

is it time to buy a case

I buy iPhones mostly because they look pretty good for phones.

I broke my 4S screen multiple times and I just pre ordered a new iPhone 6. Is it time to buy a case (Apple leather case) meaning do you think it could provide some level of protection to my screen? I don't care about the back or sides being scratched.

17. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

God no. For two reasons.

1) The leather will wear quick and look horrible after a couple of months.

2) Way overpriced for the leather and silicone.

18. stevejobz macrumors member

I hate the feeling of silicone and its hard to take out put back in pockets. I rather go with a plastic case much better grip as well.

19. mds1256 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if the iPhone 6 apple silicone case is available in store now in the UK?

20. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

I have never bought an apple labeled accessory that wasn't overpriced and terrible. iPad covers are flimsy and crack, so does iPhone leather cases, and the wear is way to fast for the price.

21. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

No, I don't like spending $30 on a $5 accessory. ;)

22. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I really liked the leather case for the 5s (mine didn't wear down like it sounds like lots of others did), and was going to order one for the 6, but then I saw that it didn't cover the entire phone like the old one did. I hate cases with cutouts.

23. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I am happy the case has a cut out on the bottom - better for docking and other accessories. If you look at it - it curves around the bottom corners and overlaps the screen slightly so matter how you drop it, it lands on the case, not the phone.

I actually got the Apple 5s case as a Xmas present, and I have been surprisingly happy with it compared to other minimalist cases. The leather has a nice grip and feels nice. I have dropped the phone from standing height a few times and the phone has received no damage. I also snaps on and off fairly easily. So I ordered the navy blue one for my 6.

24. pmau macrumors 65816

I bought a black leather one for the 6, I also did this for the 5 and 5s.

Once I bought a Product Red leather case, which looked great while it was new.
    Unfortunately the Red left some stains on my shirt pockets.

25. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Just because?