Anyone catch the new Time Machine TV ad?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HawaiiMacAddict, Jan 13, 2008.

1. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I'm sitting at home, enjoying the apparent San Diego Chargers victory over the Indianapolis Colts, and lo and behold, I see yet another new Get a Mac ad.

This time, there are 10 Macs, which is explained as being Time Machine backups. It's as well done as the rest of the series, and helps to illustrate one of the best features of Mac OS X (10.5) Leopard. I really like this ad campaign and hope it keeps on for a bit longer.

HawaiiMacAddict

2. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

I think it could have a BIG impact.

This is a huge feature, addressing a huge need, and this is a great way to explain it.

I'd like to see them do a 1, 2 and 3 version of this. Maybe have PC shoot the first Mac, the next one steps up...

3. I3eXa macrumors 6502

saw it twice :D pretty good commercial, of course I like all the get a mac ads, well thought and executed.

.....wish the colts would have won :(

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I noticed the link over at TUAW. Apple finally had some sense to tout a Leopard feature that the average user will appreciate over general Windows bashing.

5. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Was anyone else disappointed in PC's final line? It was a bit of a letdown after the high quality of the rest of the ad IMHO.

6. macmike47 macrumors regular

It's awesome :D Big sigh of relief after that really awful Referee one.

7. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Finally they show off leopard's features instead of saying how bad vista is.

8. HawaiiMacAddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

macmike47,

In Apple's defense, the referee ad referenced a report, not from Apple, touting Leopard over Vista. I think it was from PC Mag, but I can't recall exactly. Anyway, the big news was that Leopard received praise from a Windows-biased print magazine. Apple was quick to jump on the print mag's conclusions, however.

HawaiiMacAddict