Anyone Change from Anti-Glare for a Glossy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Whitelightning, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Whitelightning macrumors regular

Anybody order an anti-glare display, and decided to exchange, return, or get a glossy display instead?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

What's the point of this thread? You want hear some people say yes and some say no?

3. Whitelightning thread starter macrumors regular

To see if there are those who have. There appears to be quite a few that have jumped from Glossy to Anti-Glare.... wondering if the same applies the other way around.

4. Resist macrumors 68030

Not to hijack your thread, but I have never understood the appeal of the Anti-Glare. I actually prefer the glossy and really don't have an issue with reflections. I like the black boarder and the glass over my screen, as it helps to protect it especially when screen cleaning.

5. keithano macrumors member

6. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

I like the looks of the glossy screen with the black border, but I ordered an anti-glare screen because I also ordered the 27" monitor with the glossy screen. This way, I'll have both and can compare images. :)

7. myuncle macrumors newbie

Images on a MBP with glossy screen might look better than a anti glare, but the anti glare is the more honest representation of that image.

If your a designer, photographer or video maker, the anti-glare option is best. As your work isn't always going to be seen on a MPB with a glossy screen.
    :apple:

8. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

couldn't be more true - photographer here and I'm never going back to editing on glossy screens.

9. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I thought about changing it, but I just love the glossy. Everything looks so much better.

10. ColeHarris macrumors regular

I got the anti-glare for a couple reasons, first I'm a director so I constantly bring my laptop to shoots so I need to be able to actually see the screen, second because I have a glossy 27in cinema display at home that I connect my mbp to. But I actually was about to switch to the glossy screen which is admittedly more vibrant and sharp but followed my better judgment and didn't.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Some people like glossy and don't like antiglare; I know a few folks like that.

12. KraftyOne macrumors newbie

To gloss or not

I definitely prefer the glossy for a "final product" like watching a video or photos. The colors seem to be more rich and deep on glossy when viewed side to side with anti-glare. The anti-glare looks great too but color depth (for me anyways) looked a bit diffused/less sharp and didn't have the rich subtle shades as glossy (look at the blacks side to side). All that said, I decided anti-gloss would be better for my eyes - to stare at all day (with a lot of bright white on the screen) and the fact that the high end 2.3ghz cpu for the 15" in store only came with anti-glare sealed the deal for me. FWIW

13. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

If you are editing on a glossy mac, you will not know exactly how the shots will look because it will be more saturated than normal. You won't have an exact idea of how your prints will look.