Anyone changing bands often?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SethBoy, May 5, 2015.

1. SethBoy macrumors regular

I wanted to get multiple bands at first (such as a Sport Band for the gym, Classic Buckle for everyday clothing and Milanese Loop for certain occasions) but I tried removing and putting back the band on my Watch and it feels more clumsy than I initially thought. It just involves a lot more force and friction that I had expected (especially given how buttery smooth it looked in Apple’s rendered video, heh) and feels like a fair amount of wear and tear would occur if the bands were changed often.

I am still tempted by the Milanese Loop (and actually planning to wear it to the gym in place of a Sport Band since it’s water resistant anyway), but would probably change it weekly with my current Classic Buckle instead of daily as I would prefer.

I’m just curious if there is anyone already changing bands often on their Watch. How’s your experience so far? Did you scale back on the frequency of band change from your initial plans?

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I'm not sure if anyone even has any other bands (at least official ones)? According to this thread people are just having their band orders shipping today. I'm not aware of anyone that has any extra Apple bands yet.

(some folks do have 3rd party bands from Amazon that come with adapters though).

3. SethBoy thread starter macrumors regular

Oh and… how does the Milanese Loop come on or off given it is one continuous band (instead of a top and bottom piece like the Classic Buckle or Sport Band)? Does one have to put both ends in at the same time? Seems like it’d make it a more tedious affair.

4. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

The Milanese is one continuous band that loops around and is fastened by a magnet.

I would be careful using this one at the gym. From what I've seen and worn, the magnet is very strong, but maybe not strong enough for vigorous activity.

I for one plan on having a daily band (sport) and then a leather band for dressier occasions, and eventually the Milanese for even fancier options.

5. SethBoy thread starter macrumors regular

I meant coming on and off the Watch. It seems to me like both ends must slide into the Watch at the same time versus a Classic Buckle which comes in two pieces and can be put on each end separately.

Just lifting weights; no cardio. I think it’d hold up fine.

My plans too, but I think it’d be really troublesome to change out of the band after gym. Decisions, decisions.

6. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

I use Milanese in the gym every day running on a treadmill.

I pull it tight before I start and I have no issues with it coming loose or failing to track my HR accurately.

I also wear it in the shower directly afterwards to ensure any sweat is washed away.

No issues.

7. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I have had my Milanese band off and on a few times. It is not hard, it is just like removing a buckle band that is still fastened.

I ordered a sport band to wear for yard work and it hasn't come yet. The Milanese traps dust and sweat and needs to be cleaned, but it is easy enough.