iPad mini Anyone chose engraving for rMini and got it shipped?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 1infinityloop, Nov 21, 2013.

1. 1infinityloop, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

1infinityloop macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I ordered 64G Verizon ipad mini retina with expedited 2-3 days shipping on launch day (12-Nov). I chose to engrave it as a gift to my wife.
    The order status still shows "preparing for shipment" for past 3 days. I am afraid, if this didn't change tomorrow or day after, I would get it only after thanksgiving holidays. :mad:
    I know lot of people, both friends and here in this forum who already have their minis in hand as they didn't opt for engraving.

Anyone in same boat or have got their rMini after getting it engraved?

2. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I ordered an engraved retina mini, 32GB silver Verizon model, at roughly 4:00 AM on launch day. It's currently shipping, and I'm hoping to get it by Thanksgiving.

Status as of 11/12/13:
    Processing Items Pick up: Ships to store. Available Dec 4

Status as of 11/15/13:
    Preparing for Shipment Pick up: Ships to store. Available Dec 4

Status as of 11/20/13:
    Shipping to Store Available Nov 27

3. ronm99, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

ronm99 macrumors 6502

If it has been preparing for shipment for 3 days, my *guess* is that you will get it by Wednesday of next week.

I ordered two engraved 32GB WiFi versions on launch day at 4am, and they started preparing for shipment last Friday, shipped on Sunday, and are supposed to arrive tomorrow (standard shipping).

I also ordered a NON-engraved 32GB T-Mobile rMini with expedited shipping, and it started preparing for shipment on Saturday, shipped on Sunday, and arrived yesterday (Wednesday).

Good luck getting yours!

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

My engraved 32GB rMini will be here tomorrow. :)

5. 1infinityloop thread starter macrumors newbie

I could order only late evening on launch day. Hope this doesn't delay the delivery beyond Wednesday. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :(
    Thanks guys for the info. Enjoy your ipad and thanksgiving. :cool:

6. 1infinityloop thread starter macrumors newbie

You are spot on. My order status changed to shipped. I'll get it by Wednesday.:)

7. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

Grats!

Mine is also scheduled to arrive in the store by Wednesday; I'm looking forward to having it over the long Thanksgiving day weekend.