Anyone compare the rMB screen to the Air 2?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by clovehitch, Apr 21, 2015.

1. clovehitch macrumors member

clovehitch

I liked the MB's screen the couple times I've tried it, but the Air 2 is mighty impressive. Without a side by side I'd almost guess the Air 2 picture quality was better. Perhaps it might be due to the ability to hold the screen exactly where you want it.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I don't think this is something you would really notice in day-to-day usage.

3. Dennison macrumors regular

Dennison

I own and use an iPad Air 2 and new MacBook everyday.

Both screens are Retina Displays. iPad Air 2's = 264ppi New MacBook's = 226ppi Even though the iPad has a higher pixel density, your eye won't be able to tell the difference. This is also dependent on the distance from your eye to the screen. During typical use, I hold my iPad closer to my eyes than the MacBook, and this can be attributed to how I hold the device and the fact that the screen is smaller.

I don't see a difference between the two. The most important factor here is that the new MacBook actually has a Retina Display, which is just stunning compared to the current MacBook Airs and makes it the defining reason to pick one up.

4. clovehitch thread starter macrumors member

clovehitch

In all probability the screen angles on the MB weren't all that optimal, when I tried it out (standing, leaning over at a table).

Looking forward to receiving mine this afternoon.

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

The tables at the Apple store are horrible. I'm very surprised they are that low, they do not give a proper typing or usability experience with many devices.

6. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Truth. But they are some NICE ASS tables lol. Im sure expensive too! Combined with the wire management and the light wood color i think it makes the aluminum look awesome with the devices.

They actually do have higher ones, well at least my Apple store. But those are used for the "workshop" people and they have stools to sit at. :eek: