Anyone considering alternative phone upgrades due to weeks of backordering for IP6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by albertfallickwa, Sep 21, 2014.

1. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

Anyone else looking at alternative phone upgrades due to weeks of backordering for the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus? Looks like T-Mobile is having issues for the iPhone 6 Plus on my end.

2. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yes, I am glad for the backlog actually. I am a current Note 3 user and really wanting to see the Note 4 in person still. Also, the much rumored Nexus 6 (or Nexus X) will be coming end of October (likely on Halloween). The longer it takes me to be able to get an iphone 6+, the better it may be actually so I can see the latest from Samsung and Google in all their glory. But I expect, most people on this site will not feel this way. :D

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm sure some will go another direction, but most people will probably wait.

4. bobdigi macrumors regular

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Truth has spoken.... Btw: now that I'm rocking the 6 plus, I'm intrigued by the note series now... Since I've jumped over to the phablet realm.

6. albertfallickwa thread starter macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

I am thinking about waiting but who knows how patient that I will be...

7. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

My Note 3 had an absolutely gorgeous screen and....

Well....

That's it. Rest is junk. Samsung plastic loaded with scope creeped gadget bloat.

Worst phone I've ever owned. And I've owned like 40 since 1990.

8. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

Well that's obviously not true given that 99% of note 3 owners love them

9. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Why impatient? Is your current phone inoperative? Looks like I will wait weeks for my 6+. I think Apple sucks for this kind of backlog, but I do have a perfectly usable iPhone 5 so how mach can I really complain? Settle for something I may not want because of a few weeks is not rational. Just too impatient. I will wait.
    But Apple is not alone. I just ordered the new Amazon Kindle today also. Delivery? Nov 28th:eek:

10. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

You can easily get a 6 and if you get on Apple.com in the early morning hours you can order a 6+ for pickup. People have been doing it all weekend.

11. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I have a Note 3. I love it. My first Android. :D It's an amazing phone. Does a lot of things iPhones can't do.
    With that said, there are quirks that annoys me. I'll list the things I miss and annoys me.

1. Quality of apps really stinks. The Apple App store has quality apps, without ads. These free Android apps has tons of ads, the interface are ugly, and always the last to be released.
    I really miss the App store. And using my MBP is the closest thing to it. :eek:

2. It runs like a PC. It's junk. Every now and then I would get this notification that I need to clean "junk" because it is slowing down my phone. I hate it. No one has time to do it all the time. I hate clearing out cache. I hate having to reboot my phone every couple of days.
    I don't download junky apps, I don't have a lot of stuff on my phone. Just browsing. It freezes a lot. It crashes a lot too.

3. The metal piece on the side is starting to chip off.

4. I miss going straight to a store for service. Apple is 15 minutes from me. And husband goes straight to the store for his needs and wants. Me? I have to order, call or go to Best Buy. Who the heck shops at Best Buy anymore?

5. I miss the Apple ecosystem. I miss synching all my device.

6. I can go on and on, but I really do love my phone. However, I think I might be ready to go back to my iPhone. I just want a phone to use, not one that I have to clean cache, restart/reboot, apps with ads (looks tacky as heck), etc. Maybe I'm just picky but I like clean lines, I like simplicity, and I like minimal. Apple offers that. :p
    I think I will always be an Apple fan. I love my Note 3, but after using it for a year, I'm quite disappointed.

The last straw for me was when we were out at an event, I wanted to take a picture, the phone froze on me, made me miss the moment. I was peeved. I have no one to blame but myself for getting that phone.

12. ReallyBigFeet, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Actually the Note 3 garners only an 84% customer satisfaction score. Not 99%.

Not even the iPhone's get a 99% satisfaction ranking.

Well, to the delusional out there maybe.

Extremely well said. I realized about 4 months into owning the Note 3 (and I was on my third unit by that time...very poor quality control on these plastic phones from Samsung) that I was pretty much counting the days when the iPhone 6 would be released. Like you, there were many customization features of the Android OS that I thought I'd like better. But what nobody tells you is that once you start tinkering with the thing, lag kicks in, apps start misbehaving, and there's no single place you can turn to for support. You pretty much have to take on full time Admin duties for your PHONE. Freedom to do anything comes a very big price....you'll need TIME to keep it running properly. For a college kid or young adult with a lot of spare time...might be the perfect tinkering gadget. For an older professional that just wants a smartphone to use as a tool...PITA.

What amazed me most was just how unreachable and inept Samsung support was. Literally all my issues I had with my Note 3's pretty much was responded to with "Well....my script doesn't have anything like that in it, you must be the only person on the planet with that issue. Would you like another refurbished phone?" Given that the Note 3 was pretty much obsolete by Samsung standards less than 5 months after introduction, and now will be replaced by the Note 4....they just don't care. And it shows that they don't in their products. They treat their products and their customers as disposable. And expect you to do so as well.

13. joonyaboy macrumors regular

joonyaboy