Anyone considering Downgrading?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sukanas, Jun 14, 2008.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

even with a core 2 duo, leopard seems to lag and not seem "snappy"

large files open/scroll slowly and lags and it takes time to load...

i do have one gig of ram only... would 3 gigs of ram make a world of difference?

oh and using the system file browser/opener, when looking through the Aperture/iPhoto library thumbnails, they take forever to load...

even my vista 1.66 core duo (not core 2) loads images wayy faster and runs the documents a lot smoother..

it seems like tiger would be the solution.. although i really love the new interface of leopard ):

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Definitely, although Tiger boot times are still faster.

3. ihabime macrumors 6502

I haven't really noticed a big difference in speed from tiger to leopard. Has yours been slow since the initial install or has it gradually slowed with each update? Is anything else slow, because aperture and iphoto tend to be dogs, especially with 1 gig. 3 gig would help a lot.

4. sukanas thread starter macrumors 6502a

sukanas

i did a fresh install and it has always "slow" since

weill the imac i have right now is a DOA cause of the backlight bleeding and im waiting for fedex to email me the packaging label

but once i get that done with, ima def. get 3 gb ram and hopefully make a difference.

i was just also wondering why office 2004 is so much slower than my vista office 03... i have a pp w/ over 100 slides and when i scroll down, the vista is almost instant! while the office 04 on the mac takes times to actually load....

i would make a youtube demo video if u guys dont believe me, lol

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Because it's not a native Intel-based application. Instead it's running through Rosetta, which means your Mac is doing quite a bit of work behind the scenes to enable it to run on your Intel machine.