Anyone cover the underside with vinyl?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JeffiJers, Jan 18, 2013.

1. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

New to me is a retina and knock on wood i have been very good with my technology and take care of it best I can.

Saw that company's offer skins for these computers, well has anyone skipped in paying 50+$ and just covering the bottom with Vinyl?

Coming from a MBA the "feet" on this 15inch retina are a much smaller profile and any time i place it down it drags on the case itself and not the feet.

FYI- a piece of vinyl costs five dollars to do this. Going to pick some up today.

2. krravi macrumors 65816

Just curious, what about heat dissipation after the application of skin?

Does your fan spin more than it does usually?

Thanks.

3. JeffiJers thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just realized that you can opt in only purchasing certain parts. This is where I got my idea from but dont want to cover anything more than the bottom and possibly the top. I think ill order this instead thankyou!

I am sure this will have minimal effect on heat dissipation (just covering the bottom). Heat will still escape through the vinyl but maybe only at 80-90% compared to non covered? You still have the rest of the body exposed.

This is just my Guess... might lose 5% ? certainly less then say a full hardshell case and those are used by a ton of people.

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

just ordered the white carbon fiber bottom only one for mine as well :D already have it on my iPad

found a coupon online too ;)

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

No worries. I got the top/bottom and love it. Prevents from scratches and look hurra sexy.

6. liVec macrumors newbie

I have full Carbons skin on my rMPB. Heat management hasn't changed whatsoever, everything is the same, except looks much better and is scratch-free.

7. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

can you put a link for the coupon, thanks

8. JeffiJers thread starter macrumors 6502a

i second this! glad i didnt order yet. Just got in from work

thinking of getting the brushed aluminum to have it look like nothing is on it but i keep looking at the black.