Anyone did the unlimited data trick and received thier bill yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Honda, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Honda macrumors member

Has anyone got their bills yet? What did it say?
    I read it somewhere that someone was charge double on their data. Is that true? Can anybody confirm?

When I logged in my WirelessApp, I go to my phone and it shows 2 data for mine, 0.8 out of 200 mb, 0 out of unlimited, and 0 out of unlimited, is it suppose to do that?

And for my text messages, it shows up 3 times as well.

So yeah, what's up with that?

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Your bill will show the old data plan and the new data plan, both prorated, the next bill will only show the new data plan.

3. Honda thread starter macrumors member

So for the first bill, they will charge me twice?! The one for 200 mb and the other for unlimited data?

And since I just did it tonight, can I use the 3G unlimited data or is it still in the 200 mb process even though my plan was switch to $30 and I already got the 3 text messages already when they told me they already switch me to the corrected plans.

When I'm on my WirelessApp, I see 3 data usage and 3 text messages usage, is that normal?

4. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

He said: prorated.

5. Honda thread starter macrumors member

Well what does it mean prorated? Will I pay for the old data or new on my first bill of the changes?

6. billycuth macrumors 6502a

pro rated means they will bill you to the day for each service. Since you changed mid-month, you will be charged partly at the old rate and partly at the new rate, depending on when you switched and when your bill cycle closes.

For me, I switched to the iP4 on August 11th. My bill closed yesterday. I will have 8 days billed at the iP4 usage level and the rest will be billed at my regular rate. In essence, my first bill will be less than my typical iP4 bill will be going forward because I switched from a dumbphone (though the $36 in upgrade charges will make it a bit more than normal when all is said and done).

7. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Prorated means that the charge is adjusted for the number of days that you use it.

For example, if you have the $5 texting plan for half the month, and then you get the $15 unlimited texting plan for the second half of the month, your charges will be:

$5 * (15/30) + $15 * (15/30) = $10 total charge

8. Honda thread starter macrumors member

Wait, let me get this clear..since now my data plan is $30 unlimited. I can just start using how much I want starting today? What if they bill me and I see overcharges?

9. Honda thread starter macrumors member

Need help on my data plans and billing info

• So I just switch to unlimited data on the 17th and I want to know how does this prorated billing works.
    Before I had the 200 mb plan, but now since I switched it to unlimited on the 17th, will I be able to go over 200mb as of today since it is now unlimited?
    Should I stay safe and wait for the billing to come then use it over 200mb?

• And I also cancel my 200 txt msging plan, will they still charge me 5 bucks for it even though I just got the plan this month with my iPhone on the 16th? I haven't send any txt msges yet, will they still charge me even though I cancel it on the 19th?

• Can someone explain to me in this picture why I have 2 unlimited data plans still activated even though I only need 1?

• And why is my txt msg still activated even though I cancel the plan already?

[​IMG]

10. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

Call AT&T, and off topic, I know you from ipod touch fans!

11. Honda thread starter macrumors member

I don't want to call AT&T since I did the unlimited trick and they might know! :mad:

Haha, who are you?

12. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

The guy who linked you to the unlimited trick ;)

13. Honda thread starter macrumors member

Oh haha, thanks man, you're the best ;)

Anyways, can anyone help me on this?

14. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I suggest for you to wait for your billing cycle to end, then once it starts it should sort out the unlimited data plan and remove that 200mb plan, by then you'll be using the unlimited.

With regards to the canceled $5 plan, you should see by the end of your billing cycle an adjusted price to take care of it. For now, don't send any SMS (nor receive) since it might get charged as an overage if you did cancel it already.

With regards to the picture, I'm not sure why yours shows up as "two". Maybe just wait for the billing cycle to end, it should sort out itself.

15. Honda thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Ray, I guess I'm going to wait til' it ends on Sept. 9th so long..

16. Honda thread starter macrumors member

Will I be charge twice cause of this?

I just unlimited plan to my iPhone 4, everything went fine (I was moved to the $30 plan), but when I logged into my AT&T account, I see that there's 2 unlimited data plans activated? I just need 1 plan, why does it showed up as 2?

And when I see the message below, it says it has been prorated since I changed my plan during the middle of the month, but I want to know will I be bill twice cause of the unlimited data plans being activated?

Here's a pic: http://i37.tinypic.com/21abd3p.png

I also canceled my 200 txt msg plan and will I be charge $5 even though I didn't send any msg at all during the time period?

17. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

You'll be charged for the amount you used prior to changing plans at a prorated rate, not full price. As for the text messages, I don't think you'll incur a charge if no messages were sent or received.

18. Honda thread starter macrumors member

Okay, but why is there 2 unlimited data plans activated for mine? I'm scare of being charge twice cause of this.. If you look at the bottom it says that both of them are activated. :(

19. Honda thread starter macrumors member

Also, should I call AT&T for this? I don't want to be charge twice, but what if they find out about the unlimited data?

20. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Have you tried calling AT&T? They will probably be able to help.

21. Honda thread starter macrumors member

The thing is that I don't want to since thye might find out about what I did and switch me back to the regular 2 tier plans.

22. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

23. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I would call as soon as possible. Odds are that they will assist and not charge you twice. I've actually had very good ATT support to date.

24. Honda thread starter macrumors member

You did the same thing and it happened to you? How did it turn out?
    Did you think you were going to be double charge?