Anyone disappointed with the MBP 2.4 Penryn??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zer0tails, Jun 17, 2008.

1. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

I'm interested in seeing how many of you mbp 2.4 penryn owners are satisfied, happy so far with their purchase. I have one as well, got it when they first came out, but I sometimes wonder what might have been with the 2.5's 6 mb L2 cache and 512 memory, especially now that i'm about to run it with a 30" ACD.

Any regrets people?? Was the money saved worth it? How about future proof?:confused:

Sorry if this thread sounds stupid but..I don't have any mac friends in real life (it's a windows, dell world) to talk to about issues such as this.

2. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

i have both....

the 2.4 while really quick and solid all round, is somehow just now as capable as my 17" 2.5 MBP.

im extremely happy with the 2.5, but yes the 2.4 is also a very nice machine. no complaints on either...

3. zer0tails thread starter macrumors 65816

zer0tails

thanks vince. How so if you don't mind me asking? I've read in most reviews that the 2.4 lags considerably behind the 2.5.

4. Chairman Plow macrumors regular

Chairman Plow

5. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I'm satisfied, but like you, I wish I would have gotten the 2.5...I could have done with an extra 3 MB L2 cache. I feel that my MBP is sluggish sometimes. This happens when I try to run iMovie HD.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I wish I could have gotten a 2.4GHz 17" HR; would have saved me a lot of money.

7. shmutheprophet macrumors regular

Real world, you wont notice a speed difference. I love my 2.4ghz. Synthetic whores will like the extra 3MB of L2 cache :p.

8. MezicanGangxtah macrumors regular

best computer ive ever owned

yep. that basicaly sums it up, its the best comp. ive ever owned hands down.

9. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

i love my 2.4 ghz mbp. build quality is a bit weird but that's to be expected :rolleyes:. i think it has the best value out of the macbook pros. especially with the education discount which cuts $200 off that price. a few megs of cache won't make a difference for normal usage.

10. zer0tails thread starter macrumors 65816

zer0tails

Yeah I agree, value wise its great. Main reason for my purchase back then as I too used the education discount. I then used the 500 bucks saving to get 4 gb ram and a time capsule.

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

I migrated from a 2.16 (pre Santa Rosa, whatever that was) to the 2.4 Penryn and am amazed at how much snappier it is.

Couldn't be more pleased. :)

12. mox123 macrumors 6502

no complaints....for $1800 under EDU discount, it is really the best bang for the buck! :D