Anyone disappointed with their iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stealthipad, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Not me! My 64gb ATT has worked without flaw.

Being a iPad1 owner, I wondered if I would really be that impressed the iP2!

Let there be no doubt! The iP2 is more than a worthy upgrade. The one single items that I feel has seen the biggest performance gain was the Internet browser. All seems faster and smoother. No doubt that download speeds are faster, don't know why, but they are much faster. The graphics are much improved and as I use my iP2 the most for doing the Internet, I am not disappointed.

Anyone on the fence that is wondering if the iP2 is an upgrade over the original needs to not wonder any more and just get it! I think apple did a great job and only disappointed that Apple is holding back and not allowing this device to be all it COULD be! Still too tied to iTunes and lack a proper file system that allows me to set up folders, etc.

2. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

No..

It's a nice upgrade, but not necessary for everyone.

I was annoyed with my iPad's multitasking before I sold it, and also it felt somewhat slow compared to my then new iPhone 4. They've fixed both those problems and more importantly it's much better feeling in the hand now.

I think it's a good step forward, and the white looks great with a blue smart cover too :p

3. MacMojo1 macrumors member

I am only disappointed in myself for trolling this forum with my iPad 2 when I have one already.

4. Buck987, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Its not an upgrade needed by all as some people are more easily impressed than others.

Glad it worked out for u.

5. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

The multitasking is definitely faster! You should also try the four and five finger gestures if you haven't, they have significantly improved my productivity.

I am extremely happy with the iPad, but this is still the honeymoon phase. I'm even glad I was forced to go with white, it makes it unique compared to my iPhone and MacBook!

And typing this didn't take toooo much longer

6. iMule macrumors 6502

I absolutely love mine. It's thin profile makes it unbelievably portable. I love the smart cover. Apple hit a home run with this.

7. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

How can I get the gestures?

My biggest gripe is safari, and not having trackpad like gestures. Using my iMac and Macbook Air have spoiled me and it feels lacking.

8. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

I guess I am due almost entirely with the camera.

-The 720 video is passable but it requires near Pro-level lighting indoors
    - VGA FaceTime is incredibly grainy
    - Lack of Autofocus cuts out a lot of great iPhone 4 productivity apps (scanners, evernote)
    - The camera for stills is ridiculously low end. (I don't care what anyone says, a 10" camera is super fun so yes, the camera does matter)

And of course, no built in advanced gestures. Overall I do think it's a great refresh but it's not really a 2.0 device.

9. mac jones macrumors 68040

I'm just not sure about this strange Smart cover.

I'm mean, WTF is it?

Talk about minimal :rolleyes:

But I like it.....I think? :confused:

10. dylanursula macrumors 6502

New Ipad user (ipad2) - overall like it but dont LOVE it like my iPhone3G or iphone4/ Camera is woeful and the display took a few days to get use to, again not great compared to the Iphone4. That all being said, I am glad I bought it for no other reason than Flipboard and Zite/Zire news app.

11. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

I would be interested in a repost of this thread in about 2-3 weeks.

12. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Not at all. This is my first iPad and I had high expectations. I am blown away :D

13. ozred macrumors 6502

1) It's a profit maker for Apple. It's what they do best, grab as much customer money as possible.

They're real pros! :)

14. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

15. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I'm not sure about the smart cover either. I think it will be good when I travel, but not sure I'll use it around the house.

16. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

Gee, that looks like a pain in the butt. Hope it comes with iOS 5.

17. celo48 macrumors 6502a

Enabling the gestures, transforms the iPad experience imo. Amazing!

18. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

well duh.... why would you.

19. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I knew the cameras would bad, but I didn't expect them both to be this bad. The front-facing FaceTime camera looks horrible on the iPad's screen (it's all interpolated within the FaceTime app), and the back video camera is a joke (poor low-lighting performance, grainy, no autofocus, etc).

I'm also disappointed the iPad 2 isn't noticeably lighter. I previously had the heavier iPad 3G model, and expected this Wi-fi only iPad 2 to be different.

I guess the extra speed and additional RAM is worth it, but freaking Safari still reloads "tabs" when you multitask out of it (RAM dump).

I sold my old 64GB 3G iPad to Gazelle for $600, so purchasing the 16GB iPad 2 was basically a wash for me. I'm not sure I would recommend iPad 1 owners to upgrade unless they wanted the RAM bump.

20. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

I wish I knew. I have to have the one I want in hand before I can see if I'm disappointed.:(

21. 62tele macrumors 6502a

What Apple does best is introduce trend setting, innovative products that other companies try to copy!

22. PhoneI macrumors 65816

My browser rarely ever does the reload thing now.

23. DS3 macrumors 6502a

I do wish the camera was a little better and had auto-focus so that I could properly use every app available on the app store, but beyond that not at all, love it.

24. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

My iPad 2 gets used to the Fullest. From DOS to CoreMidi its a beast.

25. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde