Anyone Divorced?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by svalentine, Mar 19, 2009.

1. svalentine macrumors regular

My wife of only 2 years cheated on me and I'm single now. The emotions you go through can easily be shown with smilies :eek::(:mad:and now:)

2. Anonymouslives macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

You're definitely not alone man! I hear you 100%. I wish you well bro.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

is it worth getting married? lol

im somewhat kidding/serious

4. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

..my brother once told me > if it bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die-don't trust it

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I live by those words.

anyway:
    I'm too young to get married, and I have yet to find that special someone. Either way getting married is not high on my list of things to do.

My mom has been divorced thrice (my father was her first husband) and my dad has been divorced two times. That's a total of four failed marriages just between my parents. Don't get me started on my aunts, uncles and grandparents. I have an extremely hard family tree to illustrate, Bravo Tango Whiskey.

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

No matter how, what, or why, the bottom line is divorce sucks for all involved, especially the kids. But don't lose hope, marriage is worth it and two committed people can be successful at it. I'm a professional counselor with a degree in marriage and family therapy. I tell people who ask me about marriage that you know your ready when you've found the person that you want to spend the rest of your life serving. It's not about what you get, but what you give. So many relationships fail because people are looking for someone else to meet their needs instead of focusing on how they can meet their partners needs. Sorry to hear about your circumstances. It sounds like your ex-wife had the kind of selfish approach I've seen too many times. She obviously didn't put you first if she was stepping out. Hang in there through the roller coaster of emotions you mentioned. Things will get better.

7. svalentine thread starter macrumors regular

Luckily no kids were involved, a couple pets but thats no biggie. I can't believe we were actually seeing a fertility doctor, paying good money to help us get pregnant and then this happens. It's just mind blowing and hurt a lot. I'm in the military and luckily I'm getting a change of scenery by moving to Japan next month.

It's amazing how much your mind can go through. Just need to keep your head up and never look back (well only to learn from your mistakes).

Just curious if anyone else went through something similar.

8. jizwood1 macrumors member

Luckily no kid was involved, and I am gald I am not married yet.

9. Lau Guest

Lovely.

Fortunately, my mum told me not to trust people who consistently make dickish comments on the internet.

svalentine, I'm glad you've got a positive outlook on this. I hope things work out for you.

10. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Even by the standards of this board's teenage testosterone machismo that is pretty dire.

@ marbles:
    You should perhaps rethink your little bio on your profile… 'cause, hon' deep thinker is one thing you ain't. And hopefully not what you're busy educating your children.

@ TuffLuffJimmy: If you really do… god help the women in your life.

11. calculus Guest

calculus

What an insightful fellow. I hope that he is giving you advice in other areas too. Hopefully this will mean that neither of you pass on your genes.

12. bartelby macrumors Core

Too late for that apparently.

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Seeeeriously! What is going on in these forums lately? :rolleyes::confused: Was there an internet misogyny meeting I was not made aware of?

I also have to laugh at the implication that women are the only ones to pull shenanigans.

On topicly, svalentine, I'm sorry to hear it. I know that range of emotions from both ends of the spectrum. I think you've got a good attitude about it, no sense dwelling for too long. :)

14. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I'm more a fan of the adage, "if it has t**s or wheels, it's going to give you problems."

(not really) ;)

15. calculus Guest

calculus

Yes, although obviously women weren't invited.

In retrospect this may have been a mistake as they could have made the sandwiches or something. ;)

To the OP, I hope that things work out for you and that you are able to make a new start out of this.

16. ghoztman macrumors regular

I was married for 4 months :) We had been together for years before she turned wild and feral. Stay away from Swedish women abroad, they'll want to take you home to Sweden as some exotic import, then they suffer from Swede-creep and it's all over.

I contacted her a couple of years later and thanked her, I let her know divorce was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Divorce set me free, I went off and did a bunch of things I would otherwise never have been afforded.

Go out and get a T-Shirt printed, then take up walking or jogging. Your T-Shirt should read:

I am recently divorced

It'll work a treat, trust me. ;)

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Demi pwn! My sentiments too.

We've only had 1 divorce in my family, and that was between 2 folk who got together and had a kid at 16, married at 17. She remarried and its all good now.
    I'm looking forward to being married.

18. chuckcalo macrumors regular

Divorce happens when you don't get to know the person the way you should.

19. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Stuff happens. I feel for you man, but one unfortunate event shouldn't make one resort to chauvinistic remarks like one made in this thread.

Good luck in finding someone that treats you right.

20. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

True in some cases. There are other reasons for divorce as well.

To the OP, it will be nice to change your venue. When you get to Japan, there are so many things to see and do. It will be a great way to move on. :)

21. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

lulz @ this.

But I hope you didn't take it seriously. Women are great!

At least, the good ones. . . .

@ OP: Wish I could help, but I'm too young (well not really, but I'd like to think I am) to be in your situation.

22. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Feel your pain...I'm a year removed from a 5 year tour of duty with my ex. Thought she was the one, we built a house together, have a beautiful 3 year old daughter..meh, just wasn't meant to be.

23. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

awwe I love girls, but I'm queer so I don't see this as a big issue in my future.

24. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Very true. It's ridiculous to try and simplify relationships down to inane "all men are pigs" or "all women are bitches" kinds of idiocy.

To the OP, best of luck in the next phase of your life. :)

25. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

yeah, those are just two factors that go into it.