Anyone do in-store pickup

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by puckhead193, Feb 8, 2018.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I elected to have my Homepod picked up at my local apple store. When will I receive an email letting me know it's ready? Trying to plan out my day for tomorrow.

2. jwdawso macrumors regular

jwdawso

Surprisingly, neither of us have received an email! For iPhones and the iMac Pro, I've always received an email by now. On Apple's website, it still show "Order in Progress". I'm still planning on showing up at store opening tomorrow.

3. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I just got my email at around 4 AM. Unfortunately it looks like they aren’t opening at 8AM like they do for other product launches, so I’ll have to wait till 10.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

People are not camping out for a smart speaker, while the HomePod is looking to be a winner for Apple and a fine product, there's no justification to have their employees open the store hours early just to hand out the HomePod.

5. jwdawso macrumors regular

jwdawso

I got my email at about 4am also. I got to my Apple Store right before opening, and there was a nice number of people there to buy the HomePod. There was only one other who had pre-ordered like I did. I was out in about 5 minutes, and enjoying it about 30 minutes later!

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

People flooded my local store for battery replacement for their iPhone, I was the only one by the HP for the 20 minutes I was there.

7. Alhagar macrumors regular

I had the exact same experience at the UES store in NYC