Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wingnutt

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2008
yip had to disconect iphone as up date itunes did not read it but once reconnected all seems as it should be but only just started using ph so will see what happens

kalkfi

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2006
Helsinki Finland
I would really wait to see what the Dev Team has to say. I was just looking and nothing is posted as of yet, but it is still early.

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
Heh. I still have upgraded to iTunes 8, and I don't see any reason to. 7.7 works with pretty much every iPhone firmware out there, and I don't see anything in 8 other than some additional bloat and a new version number...

BNZ1

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
London
Heh. I still have upgraded to iTunes 8, and I don't see any reason to. 7.7 works with pretty much every iPhone firmware out there, and I don't see anything in 8 other than some additional bloat and a new version number...

Genius changed my world (and I am pretty sure that came v8.x?). Well worth it just for that.

WonderFlea

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2009
Win issues?

I'm stuck in an endless sync with my JB 3G 2.2.1 and iTunes 8.1.
It's been saying "syncing calendar" for a while now. It was doing that all night too.
It is running on Win xp system, so maybe that's the issue?

ILBandit

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2008
Surprised its taken this long for the Dev Team to reply.

I'm very new to the Jailbreak thing. Is there somewhere to go to check on what the Dev team says about the new iTunes? A certian website?? Or will it just show up on this forum somewhere??

kalkfi

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2006
Helsinki Finland
Strait from Muscle Nerd's Twitter page

"iTunes 8.1 is safe. Last time they changed it specifically to try to combat jb was just after 3G pwnage, but nothing since then"

There we have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.