Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
So I don't know if this is correct spot to put this, but I was wondering if are again going to have a spoiler free thread for WWDC. I know its a still a week away :cool: :p

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Curious about this too; I always prefer to watch the keynote than follow a liveblog.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
A spoiler free WWDC thread? What is the point? What would you talk about if you don't speak about the details of WWDC. Also.. any thread promising to be "spoiler free" will attract troll who will spoil it for you. So why not just avoid the internet for the earlier part of monday if you truly want to be spoiler free.

alexwlchan

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2012
A spoiler free WWDC thread? What is the point?

Typically it’s for people who prefer to wait until Apple watches the video of the keynote several hours afterward, and get all of the announcements that way. The thread stays (relatively) free of spoilers, and it’s a place you can get a link to the keynote video, and nothing else.

Personally, I get a buzz from learning about the kit as I watch Apple’s execs talking about it in a video. Since there don’t seem to have been many spoilers in advance this year (as opposed to, say, the iPhone 4 leak), I’m hoping to go completely spoiler-free and get the news for the first time in the keynote video. :)

What would you talk about if you don't speak about the details of WWDC?

So far this year, espresso, plant prices, and the rules surrounding WWDC spoiler-free threads. :p

Also.. any thread promising to be "spoiler free" will attract troll who will spoil it for you. So why not just avoid the internet for the earlier part of monday if you truly want to be spoiler free.

Perhaps true, but I’ve found that spoiler-free threads are fairly good about policing that sort of thing. And a lot of people just look at the first post, waiting for the keynote video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.