Anyone done a Rally before?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Messy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Messy macrumors 6502

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Awesome, what kind of car are you planning on buying for this? Like what class/size?

3. codymac macrumors 6502

Not quite like this, but we have "gimmick rallies" here several times a year.

With a gimmick rally, you arrive, get a partial route and set of instructions, and have to figure out the rest of the route and answer questions about what you see along the way. Generally, advance rules are things such as "turn left at any intersection with a blue road sign unless the street name ends in a vowel" and that sort of thing while questions will be like "how many bears did you see?" (when driving past a place with carved wooden bears out front), etc.

They can be quite fun and pretty challenging.

I've heard of "banger racing" (we have that too) but this looks like "banger rallying." Should be loads of fun. I'd be up for it!
    :cool:

4. Messy thread starter macrumors 6502

R94N - Well since we have to go cheap, it'll be a volvo estate or 5 series estate!

It'll be great fun, 60+ teams competing over the course of three days, it guarentees to be fun. Im going with two good friends, who i have the pleasure of working with too.

:)

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I've done some, my fianceé's father is a Rally Master in the KC chapter. He holds two rallies a year of the same weekend and I either help out or navigate while the fianceé drives. We take her 2004 Honda Civic.

6. secondhandloser macrumors member

looks like fun. Came in here expecting a thread about rally racing though.