Anyone done any hardware calibration on the 09C81 LCD yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by burningrave101, Mar 14, 2008.

1. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a good color profile for this particular model that's shipping on a lot of the Penryn based systems. I believe it's an LG. I've tried a handful of other color profiles for other displays, including for a different LG one that someone posted to use for this one, but most of them didn't look good at all and one was semi alright but I'd like to see better. If I should so happen to buy my own hardware calibrator what should I get? I would definitely want it to be <$100 because I'm not doing any professionally that I would have to be perfect but I still want it to do it's job. Anyone else have the 09C81 and care to input what they think of it?

2. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

See here.

Go to this thread.

And then check out post #6. I'm using it right now and it sure looks better than the default one. Soon, I'll set mine up with a friend's Spyder. But, until then, this will do great.

3. burningrave101 thread starter macrumors 6502

I already tried that one and didn't like it on my display. I found another one in that thread though that was a little better but still nothing spectacular yet.

4. brandonshough macrumors regular

brandonshough

Borrow a buddies calibrater.....

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

+1 on this one.
    i have the 9c81 screen.
    anyway, i think the simplest way for you to know if you like the calibration,
    is to open iphoto.. then see for yourself with the pix if you like it:apple:

6. graf macrumors newbie