Anyone downloaded magazines for their Kindle App on the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lsquare, Mar 25, 2012.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

I recently started subscribing to a magazine that have both the iPad version, Kindle Fire, and Nook edition. I recently read that the Kindle App for the iPad supports magazines. Does that mean it have access to the same library of magazines that the Kindle Fire have? If so that would be great because one day if I were to move to another platform, my content won't be stuck within iOS and I can read my content anywhere. So can someone confirm this for me? If not, then I guess I'll get the iPad version of the magazine.

2. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Did you buy the magazine from kindle(amazon). If so why don't you just download the kindle app, sign in and it should be there. Why do you need someone else to test it for you:confused:

3. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I have subscribed to the print edition. I'm asking just in case if I start downloading the iPad edition, they'll block me out of the Kindle edition. I'm not sure if it's a one time pick or not. Given the size of this forum, I figure someone might know the answer to my questions.

4. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I'm not sure. I know that for most magazines if you subscribe to the print edition you get the digital subscription also. This is my experience through newsstand. Kindle however I'm not sure but I suspect it would be the same. If you buy a printed book through amazon you don't get the digital copy but if you purchase the digital copy it's stored in amazons cloud so it is available on any device you log in from.

5. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm looking for people that actually have experience with the Kindle app and reading magazines from it.

6. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Well if I were you I'd quit waiting around for someone else to do the work for me and start searching. Google,Bing and Yahoo. These are "search engines" and crazy enough, if you type something into them they'll produce search results on that topic. Go give it a try. You might just find your answer.