Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be downloading on the day of release?

• Yes

Votes: 107 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Depends on what they add

Votes: 48 25.5%

• Total voters

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
iOS is progressively worse in terms of UI fluidity and stability... I got way more crash and UI glitches since iOS 7 than any other iOS before.

I really do hope iOS 10 bring back iOS 6 stability and speed.
I don't see that. iOS 9 for me has been solid. The only glitch is in the cellular screen. No springboard crashes.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
Always interesting to see how imaginary things affect reality for some.
I heard that iOS 10 will cut 1GB of RAM of all of the current existing 2GB devices so then you feel that the iPhone 7 is faster. Not sure if true tho...

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Always interesting to see how imaginary things affect reality for some.

Don't bother explaining, they'll never understand.

If they expect new software with 200+ features to work on a iPhone 4s for example, they are quite frankly, stupid.

Reactions: akash.nu

kybldmstr

macrumors demi-god
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I always make a full iTunes backup of my iOS devices in preparation for WWDC and try to get my hands on the beta ASAP to play around with it.

macOS I will at least wait until a public beta is announced and even then I may not do it because of bugs.

As for watchOS there is no way in hell I am updating early. watchOS 2 beta bricked my watch last summer TWICE

iOS beta is really the only one I am comfortable with trying because it can easily be reversed with no consequences.

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
The people who bitched and complained about every Beta version of iOS 9 will be the first to download the iOS 10 Beta and the cycle will repeat.
That's why the iPad 2 got bricked when 9.3 got released to the general public and the Pro got bricked when updating to 9.3.2. Damn betas. Except that they're final releases. Through the whole beta process, you get people excusing problems because "it's a beta" and then they end up affecting the final release.
iOS is progressively worse in terms of UI fluidity and stability... I got way more crash and UI glitches since iOS 7 than any other iOS before.

I really do hope iOS 10 bring back iOS 6 stability and speed.
What's sad is that this is what the anticipation for iOS 9 was all about. It turned out to not help at all with bugs or speed. Next year we will be talking about how much we want iOS 11 to make things faster and more stable.

Reactions: John Deadcorn

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
That's why the iPad 2 got bricked when 9.3 got released to the general public and the Pro got bricked when updating to 9.3.2. Damn betas. Except that they're final releases. Through the whole beta process, you get people excusing problems because "it's a beta" and then they end up affecting the final release.

What's sad is that this is what the anticipation for iOS 9 was all about. It turned out to not help at all with bugs or speed. Next year we will be talking about how much we want iOS 11 to make things faster and more stable.
IOS 9.0 was better than ios 8.4.1. IMO. IOS 8 was a disaster, never bricked my phone, but apple really lost focus with that release. Thank goodness for IOS 9.

Speechless

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2015
Non-gentrified Brooklyn.
Probably won't do any of it at all. I love my 6S+ too much to have it messed up with bugs. It's a HELL NO for the watch because those horror stories last year about them bricking were the worst. I don't know about macOS. If they add a significant amount of features/redesigns, then yeah. If not, I'll wait for the official release.

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2013
Of course! I got a developers membership for this reason. No hassle in getting UDID registered and I get direct downloads for software. No more torrenting

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I have two 5s in the house, neither have performance issues with the latest public release of iOS 9. No issues on my 6s.
And how does that help him?Your phones not lagging doesn't magically make his 5s not lag.My iPhone 6 still has random stutters all over the place.even iPad Pro has lags in many areas

Such shoddy coding

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
And how does that help him?Your phones not lagging doesn't magically make his 5s not lag.My iPhone 6 still has random stutters all over the place.even iPad Pro has lags in many areas

Such shoddy coding
It's not supposed to help him, it's a counter point to something that was posted. We've already established your iPhone 6 has issues, maybe you ran over it with your car or something.

With tens of millions of Idevices perceptions about issues are also varied.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
It's not supposed to help him, it's a counter point to something that was posted. We've already established your iPhone 6 has issues, maybe you ran over it with your car or something.

With tens of millions of Idevices perceptions about issues are also varied.
How is it a counter?Your phone not lagging doesn't mean his phone doesn't lag.Its like you are trying to downplay the issue here.His phone lags.End of story.No counter to it unless you want to solve its issue

What are the chances I ran over my iPad Mini,Air 2 and my iPhone 6 with my car ?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
How is it a counter?Your phone not lagging doesn't mean his phone doesn't lag.Its like you are trying to downplay the issue here.His phone lags.End of story.No counter to it unless you want to solve its issue

What are the chances I ran over my iPad Mini,Air 2 and my iPhone 6 with my car ?
I don't want to solve the issue, he wasn't asking for help, I'm posting a different experience with two 5s and an iPhone 6.

I am downplaying the issue because it's blown out if proportion IMO. My phones don't lag, end of story.

The way you discuss your Idevices, it wouldn't surprise anyone if they were all run over by a car.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
IOS 9.0 was better than ios 8.4.1. IMO. IOS 8 was a disaster, never bricked my phone, but apple really lost focus with that release. Thank goodness for IOS 9.
Come on let's be serious for a moment. 9.0 better than 8.4.1 ? You gotta be joking for sure.

You could say that 9.3.x is better than any iOS 8 versions for various reasons, but 9.0 better than 8.4.1, please stop I feel like you don't have an honest opinion, you just defend, defend and defend Apple more and more on this forum.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Come on let's be serious for a moment. 9.0 better than 8.4.1 ? You gotta be joking for sure.

You could say that 9.3.x is better than any iOS 8 versions for various reasons, but 9.0 better than 8.4.1, please stop I feel like you don't have an honest opinion, you just defend, defend and defend Apple more and more on this forum.
Your idevices have been run over by a car if you don't share his opinion on iOS 9 being smoother than iOS 8.4.1

Reactions: iOSUser7

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
If its junk like iOS 9 was (and is), I doubt I'll look at it very much. Apple better have made a new design, the current one is so boring and in-efficient that I don't want to use it at all.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I really hope iOS 10 turns out a lot more polished than iOS 9 ever was.

I'm not talking about crashing, but rather performance and the overall glitchy interface.

iOS 7 worked great for me... very few glitches... performance was great too.
iOS 8 was glitchier. Had a lot of UI bugs (like title bar changing from big to small to big to small again after unlock)
iOS 9 takes the cake with glitchiness. There are not only UI bugs, but overall performance took a dive (even on devices that shipped with 9.

I hope that iOS 10 is what I've been waiting for, but I'm not holding my breath.

iOS 10 will most likely be even worse than iOS 9, but people will love it because it's Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.