Anyone drop calls in UK or Northern Ireland?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guv280984, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Guv280984 macrumors member

Hey guys,

I live in Northern Ireland and am with O2. I have not been able to drop reception where I live or even drop a call in low reception areas that I would have dropped calls using other phones.

Be interested to hear how other UK Networks are with this so called iPhone Antenna Issue?

Thanks

2. msmyth macrumors member

Not to pick holes in your post...

Northern Ireland is IN the UK (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)

moving on..

No dropped calls or signal, but i live in a strong signal area.

3. Guv280984 thread starter macrumors member

Haha... I am completely with you on that one but they are separated by a rather large area of water and have different network coverage.

4. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Here's my take on it: when I first got my iPhone 4 I spent the next few days visiting relatives in a terrible signal area for O2. I genuinely did get some dropped calls (I'd be speaking to someone, then it beeped in the ear piece and the screen said Call Failed with a call back button).

Since then I have not dropped any calls (and the signal isn't great where I live either).

Since the 4.0.1 update things are much better still. Yes I only have one bar a lot of the time, but it actually goes up to two or three when I'm holding the phone (I'm guessing the bars are somewhat meaningless...) More importantly, no dropped calls at all and data seems fine. I'm inclined to believe Apple when they say that the iPhone 4 actually maintains a connection at a lower signal strength than the iPhone 3G did - the argument they made about the iPhone 4 antenna actually being better in every way apart from the attenuation issue.

Clearly other people's mileage may vary...

5. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

wheather it should be or not is a completely different subject.

anyway, live in the west midlands of england with vodafone and i have had no problems. i dont think they are too common in britain to be honest with you

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Don't forget that the majority of our American cousins simply love to complain just about anything and everything! ;)

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Not one dropped call yet!! I think the call quality is much better than the 3gs!

8. johnsmclean macrumors member

No dropped calls in rural and built up areas of Scotland. May have had a problem once with proximity sensor.