Anyone Drop Down a Storage Capacity for the 5s? Or start over with new apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Dec 4, 2013.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Even though I only have 5GB free after clearing apps on my 64GB 5 I'm tempted to just go for the 32GB 5s. I'm mainly using 5-10 apps at a time nowadays anyway. It's a bit problematic that I have such little free space though lol. Thinking about just starting over and not restoring my app collection to my 5s.

I only have 9GB of camera roll photos/videos and no other media stored on my phone so it seems the hundreds of app are really adding up. Smart move or will the space be missed?

2. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

That's a lot of photos. I hope you backed up. 32 works for me personally because I have a 32 ipad air also. I don't play most of the games I buy on sale and they take up a lot of space. Photos and videos are backed up so I just delete them off my phone after back ups. I so have 9 gb of music on the iPhone and probably 900 mb on the ipad. I don't store movies because I only watch short clips when I'm mobile.

Hope something helped.

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Yeah it did. Just trying to figure out if anyone else dropped from 64-32 or 32-16. Think I can do it without an issue but don't wanna regret it.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Hundreds of Apps? Must be very tiresome to flip over all those pages.

5. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

I just used it as an excuse to get rid of all the crap apps that I'd accumulated over the years, now I've just got the more I need and the ones I use rather than the apps I'd use maybe nice or twice a year, thus meaning I only needed a 32 instead of a 64.

6. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

Start by deleting your apps and see if you have space after that for a 32.

7. Marrakas macrumors 6502

Marrakas

I got the 16gb 5s and I have no storage problems whatsoever, but then again, I'm a light app user who just keep apps I use often on the phone, and I never play games on cellphones (use my laptop for that).

If you keep only the apps you actually use I think you will have a hard time filling up a 32gb, no matter how hardcore of an app user you are.

Also, move those 9GB of photos/videos over to you computer, or pay a small sum and get a nice cloud storage option (icloud, google drive) and put them there.