Anyone dropped theirs yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by schatzie, Jul 25, 2008.

1. schatzie macrumors member

Was just wondering if anyone dropped their iPhone 3G yet. Curious to know how the plastic back would take it.

I've been so careful with mine. Don't really like to get a case. Might get Bodyguardz though.

2. slicecom macrumors 68020

I dropped mine 4 feet onto hardwood floor with no case, luckily it fell on its back and didn't even get a scratch!

3. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Nope and it took me about 2 weeks before I dropped the first one. I'm definitely not dropping this one though, especially since it has the case.

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Haven't, yet ::crosses fingers::

I got the iPhone 1 week after launch day which was good since my Bodyguardz were delivered the day before. I was babying the phone and kept it in my Oakley microfiber bag until I installed the Bodyguardz later that day.

I originally thought of a silicon case like I had on my iPod, but those are still too thick for me. I suggest getting the Bodyguardz.

5. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

6. spetykowski macrumors member

nope! i've been super careful with my iPhone, dont want any scratches, espically since i refuse to use a case.

7. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

I've seen about 5 threads about dropped iPhones... they really break my heart...

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Took it to a bar on July 11th... Dropped it. Tiny scratch on chrome on one corner and black plastic on other, that's it. You wouldn't know if I showed you the phone.

9. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Just did couple days ago. The phone fell on its back, onto concrete, maybe 5 feet (thats how tall I am and it slipped somehow). It appears to be fine, no scrathches or anything. I do have thin Belkin case, for now.

10. ec51 macrumors 6502

My white 3G fell on to my treadmill as I was running with it set about on "6." First it fell from about waist high onto the moving treadmill then flung behind me into a weight machine. One little black scuff on the white (which rubbed right off) and it was good as new.

Very much surprised me....the build quality that is.

eRic

11. Klaxons2012 macrumors regular

I was thrown from my seat on the bus ride home and i flew about five feet from one end of the bus to the other thanks to the bus driver's reenactment of the movie Speed. I hit my head pretty hard and my iPhone took one hell of a tumble. I expected the phone to be dead. Just dead. Ticky. Broken...something.

Nothing happened. No scratch, no broken glass, nothing. It was crazy. I was more banged up than the iPhone. At least I won't have to include the cost of a new iPhone in my lawsuit! :D

12. schatzie thread starter macrumors member

I can't wait for my bodyguardz to get here. They actually shipped it last week. The status says it's delivered but I never saw it, so they sent me a replacement.

I hope I'll be better with his one than my previous ones. I always baby them like for the first few weeks or so then I start getting careless.

13. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

who sues because they got flung out of a seat? what is our world coming to, I could see if you got seriously hurt. looks like people will do anything for a quick buck. p

14. cambridge1807 macrumors member

I did the exact same thing. After receiving my iphone, I ordered a Bodyguardz and kept my phone in my Oakley microfiber glass. I also thought about getting a real case, but didn't want the bulk.

I have yet to drop my phone, but it may happen...:(

15. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I don't know about suing anyone, but if he flew around the bus like he says he did, that sounds pretty serious to me. I sure wouldn't be very happy if it was my kid on the bus and this happened...

16. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Nope, haven't dropped it yet.

I had my first gen iPhone for 3 months(before I sold it) and I never dropped it. Plan on doing the same with this one.

17. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    I dropped it in the dark looking for light leakage!!! No damage.
    I gotta stop reading this forum so much...;)

18. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Me and you, both. It is ridiculous how much Im on here :eek:

19. AppleSpice macrumors member

I didnt drop mine... but today I was sitting in the car turned around talking to my little cousin, and somehow SOMETHING on the seat put a little scratch on the chrome bevel, and, brace yourself, a small chip to the edge of the screen on the top... :( I am so upset I dont even know how to describe it... I dont know what to do... Its not too noticable at all, but I know its there... and thats enough for me... major bummer...

its in a suede sleeve so its not completely naked... I really have no idea how this happened... I didnt drop it or anything

20. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Nope, net yet! I don't plan on it either. I am A LOT more careful with this iPhone than I was with my first iPhone for some reason...

21. BMP1199 macrumors member

I was at the gym and it was in a pocket of my back that was unzipped and I pulled my bag outta my locker and it fell onto the carpet... about 3 feet or so. Case was on but it popped off after it hit the ground. iPhone in perfect condition still :D

22. eciytnim macrumors member

Dropped mine twice yesterday from about 4 feet straight on the floor and it slide on it's back so now I have a few scratches on the back of it. It's okay because I'm returning it and getting a 16 gig one anyway. but yeah don't drop this phone.

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

good luck replacing it

i have yet to drop my touch. have had it dangle from my head phones though:eek:

24. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

dropped it once when I tried to grab it off the coffee table, hit the floor, but works perfectly no scratches