anyone dump their Razr with AT&T for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sweetbike40, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I have a Razr which for the most part i love. I only use it as a phone. I have an iPod Touch. I love the Razr for it's size. So slim and rugged. No scratches. I have the black one. It feels like metal. Anyway... the problem i've been having is the signal strength and sound. I feel it may not be the best quality for talking. Read on the Motorola Z9 and it's supposed to be great as far as call clarity and sound.

BUT i want the new iPhone.

What i'd like to hear is if anyone who had a Razr, then bought an iPhone, found the phone on the iPhone to be better. As much as i want an iPhone, i'm concerned i'll have the same frustrating problems i have now. Are the calls loud and clear?

2. coryetzkorn macrumors regular

coryetzkorn

I don't know if this helps, but I switched from a Verizon RAZR to the iPhone on AT&T. Overall, the call quality and reliability of the RAZR was noticeably better, but the device itself was a piece of ****. I am happier than ever with my iPhone, regardless of dropped calls or call quality. The ingenuity of the deivce makes up for it. My only complaint is that the speaker and earpiece are too quiet, but I suspect that will be fixed with 2.0. Once the new iPhone comes out I'd say go for it!:D

3. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

i hate my rzr with alltel. i will be getting the iphone when it comes out. My rzr is a piece i have been through 4 of them and they all do the same thing after a while and that is. the screen just goes to white when you open it and you have to open close open close about 20xs to get the screen and then if you do and you hit the wrong button it goes white agian , its a pain in the a@@ .

4. kjr39 macrumors 6502

5. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I went from an AT&T Razr to the iPhone and you couldn't pay me to go back. As far as call clarity goes, the iPhone is great and to me beats the Razr. One thing to note is that the iPhone is a little bigger than the Razr but I was surprised when I got it that I hardly noticed the difference. This may not be a problem for you since you already have an iPod Touch.

I don't think you will be dissapointed at all with the iPhone. It is a great device. I hardly know how I ever lived without it.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

i had the black razr before i bought my iphone last year, i loved the razr but the appeal of the iphone was too great. Now after using the iphone i dont think i could ever go back to using a regular phone :D

7. '73-B macrumors regular

I had upgraded to a RAZR v3xx for free with AT&T. I then decided to buy an iPhone 2 months later. I sold the RAZR on craigslist for $150 which I put toward a 4gb iPhone making my cost for the iPhone about $150! Great deal and I never looked back. Love the iPhone.

BTW - 3G on the RAZR was nice but the browser options were not so good. Also, I had to do a lot of hacking with the RAZR to get it the way I wanted it.

8. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

I had a Cingular RAZR for about 18 months and it held up well, but lost it's cool factor pretty quick. I updated to a Samsung (I forget the model) that was 3G and the call clarity on that was hands down MUCH better than the RAZR. I could be wrong, but I attribute that to the 3G service itself... I guess the voice network used is different as well compared to an older/EDGE phone? With the Samsung I NEVER had any cell radio interference (the speaker pops and sounds) unless it switched over to EDGE. I digress...

While the Samsung was clear, the iPhone is in NO way a garbly phone, the quality is just fine. Plus the added UI of the phone itself, especially while on a call, is just fantastic.

9. Sweetbike40 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Thanks for the replies. This helps with my decision. :p

10. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I went from a Verizon RAZR, which was, on the whole, one of the worst phones I've ever had, to an AT&T Samsung A727, and soon to an iPhone. No complaints about the Sammy, really, but I've been waiting for an iPhone for a year now, so I pounce like a thousand kittens.

11. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

yes, my phone prior to my iPhone was a RAZR,

I will never go back to a RAZR.

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

i had a crappy flip phone, then i just bought a KRZR to hold me over until the iphone came out

13. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

I went into an At&t store to get a new battery for my Razr, and played with an iPhone while I waited for the sales guy.

Bought an iPhone instead.

I hated all the damn hype the iPhone was getting, the smug commercials, and then I messed around with one. I'm now an official fanboy. Sold my windows laptop for pats, and got an iMac.

14. rjstanford macrumors 6502

Same here

Went from the AT&T RAZR to the iPhone on the day it was released.

The RAZR had a louder ringtone. That's about it. They're both fairly close to the same size, both easily fit into your front pocket. Both could have louder speakers. No reason to go back.

15. agentsmithone macrumors member

yeah...a year ago...i had good times with the RAZR though

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I had the first Motorola RAZR with BT 850, (Gawd, I was the coolest DORK, according to my nephew), during the Summer of '05, and I was totally in love with the screensavers and the wallpaper. Probably the best AT&T/Cingular coverage/reception with my RAZR, but ended up giving the phone to my son, then picked up the KRZR for $79, b/c it was smaller, nicer camera and a nicer blue color. The iPhone experience after the RAZR, is so much nicer, now that I have "the coolest DORK handle" back courtesy of my nephew, and due to my owning an iPhone; my iPhone is so much more than just a phone, despite the increase in dropped calls (maybe 5 per month), though I tend to keep it in the same spot while utilizing my BT, I'm definitely satisfied with everything iPhone. My son recently sent back my RAZR, but for a number of years it was an awesome phone during the BiP (Before iPhone)era!

17. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Ironically I just went back to my RAZR while I wait for the new ones.

/Hope it's not too long before they are released.

18. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

I gave my Razr to my niece. Calls are the same, with the iPhone, I just enjoy having more features now :D