iPhone Anyone Else Able To Use Sound Themes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JBlueNote, Feb 4, 2013.

1. JBlueNote macrumors newbie

So once the iOS 6.x jailbreak from evasi0n came, I immediately started adding the main tweaks, iFile being first and Winterboard second. After I downloaded the two, I then started modifying iFile to where I could set up a system of adding outside stuff to iFile. One of those things that I added to iFile was this theme I've been working on that I would put on my iPhone 5. The theme has been successful in changing just about everything except the sounds. In the past, I was successful in making themes with sounds or just separate themes that only included sounds. The way I have it set up is this:

ThemeName.theme > UISounds > sound files in .caf

I've been trying to figure out multiple ways to see how I would get these sounds to work on my iPhone 5. I found the folder in iFile that has the original sounds, and they look to be about the same, meaning having the same file name and still being a .caf file. I doubt size would be an issue since I've had sound files work in the past that were big. Absolutely none of my sounds work. I even tried taking the UISounds folder out of this theme that has about everything and made a separate theme, but that didn't work.

I guess my next step would be to download a theme from Cydia that supports iOS 6.x and see how they got it to work, or to download a sound theme from Cydia that has worked in the past. Anyone know of any way I could fix this sound issue?

2. wordddd macrumors newbie

I was able to get it to work by replacing the iPhone's native UI sounds with the ones I wanted and then respringing.

/System/Library/Audio/UISounds --->original sound directory folder

Please make sure to backup the original sounds if you're planning to do it this way.

3. JBlueNote thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah. In the end, I ended up doing this. Do you think it'll ever be possible to do it the other way? I use to make multiple themes that way besides doing this. Eh, oh well. I did make a back up folder with the original files. I did not, however, do it for apps since I can just delete and reinstall it to get their default sounds back.