Anyone else accidentally hit the audio text button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Jul 13, 2016.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

God that's annoying. I have all of my sounds turned off and that still makes that stupid sound regularly. Luckily there's a Jailbreak tweak for it, another stupid idea of Apple's.

2. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Quite frankly I wish you'd stop using an iPhone.
    And no I don't hit it accidentally ever.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm willing to bet money I represent the general public more than most of the tech savvy users on this forum.

4. itsray macrumors 6502

5. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

If only there was a toggle...

Attached Files:

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've accidentally hit it once or twice.

I'm pretty sure you just like to complain.

Wait. If you think the rest of the forum is "tech savvy" while you are not, why would you post this thread asking if we hit a button accidentally? Since we're so "tech savvy" wouldn't we OBVIOUSLY not have the same issue as the average user?

7. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

I'm not even gonna touch that one.

8. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Judging by the replies you've received thus far in this thread I can deduce that you like to complain. As per your post, it seems that you've found a jailbreak tweak for it so you should've resolved your issue already.

However, to answer your question in the thread title, yes I've accidentally pressed this button before.

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

That's dictation not voice messaging

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

You are talking about the gray circle with a microphone in it on the right side of the message composition area? That doesn't get activated with a simple tap and requires to be held down, and with even that aside, whether it's tapped or held down it doesn't seem to make any sounds at all whether your phone is on silent or not (I just played around with it to try it all out).

The closest fitting button that can make a sound like the one you were describing seemed to be the dictation button by the space bar in the keyboard, which is basically what everyone in the thread assumed was being referenced.