Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soundwarp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
not angry about it because it's going to get some wear but wow.

Attachments

• IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    886.4 KB · Views: 25,606
Reactions: briquet42

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
so much for caring,

not even 5 minutes out of the box after getting these things later than expected, testing walking around my apartment, and my dog chewed the beJesus out of the case/charger floss box near the couch

luckily no dents, just superficial scratches,

thats one way to get over OCD quick

oh well, the design is boring plain white anyways, maybe I will slap some dental floss label on it to embrace my hipster and call it a day, or leave it pristine white but scratched af- NIN Edition
J8EE2qf.jpg

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
not at all original, and we'll see how long I keep it, but found a spare pack of floss to take the label off on:

Mfk24fD.jpg

w9ZepmW.jpg

reach is the brand I use, so it makes sense to put a reach one on there,

cut the edges already since the curve is making the label come off haha, probably won't hold up in my keys pocket anyways

Already took it off

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
not at all original, and we'll see how long I keep it, but found a spare pack of floss to take the label off on:

Mfk24fD.jpg

w9ZepmW.jpg

reach is the brand I use, so it makes sense to put a reach one on there,

cut the edges already since the curve is making the label come off haha, probably won't hold up in my keys pocket anyways

Already took it off

Hey, at least if you leave that laying around, someone is less likely still those, thinking it's dental floss.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
How was the build quality? I tried searching for a pair on Amazon and it's completely sold out and or unavailable.

It's very good so far. The airpods case fits snug inside. Even the zipper pull is rubberized. We'll see long term how it stands up but looks good. It's available now just go to buying options and you can order from there.
[doublepost=1483617237][/doublepost]
A case for a case.. what will they think of next.

I clip it to the top of my pocket so I don't have to fish for the airpods. Also keeps the charging case from getting banged up which helps my OCD :D

Reactions: 44267547

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
not even 5 minutes out of the box after getting these things later than expected, testing walking around my apartment, and my dog chewed the beJesus out of the case/charger floss box
That's the reason I don't have pets. Well, one reason; others include hairs getting on/in everything, and finding surprise poops here or there...

I like keeping my stuff pristine-looking, but seeing as the pods are going to go in and out of that case a lot, the more precautions one take against scratching that case the more of a hassle putting them in and taking them out is going to be, and I just hate hassles. (First-world problem, I know.) So I'll just keep the case in my pocket, without bothering with any extra cases for the case or whatnot.

The thing is meant and built to be used. It'll be OK.

Reactions: thadoggfather

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
That's the reason I don't have pets. Well, one reason; others include hairs getting on/in everything, and finding surprise poops here or there...

I like keeping my stuff pristine-looking, but seeing as the pods are going to go in and out of that case a lot, the more precautions one take against scratching that case the more of a hassle putting them in and taking them out is going to be, and I just hate hassles. (First-world problem, I know.) So I'll just keep the case in my pocket, without bothering with any extra cases for the case or whatnot.

The thing is meant and built to be used. It'll be OK.

I wouldn't forego my loving and incredible dog for a pair of airpods. That's just me tho :p

Funny it went from Foxconn direct to dog's mouth

Reactions: Lennyvalentin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.