Anyone else back ordered until July 24th???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, Jun 17, 2010.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I just pre-ordered my iPhone 4 (black) and it says July 24th is when I will get it. I really hope it comes before then.

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I'd rather cancel the order and wait at a store.

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Cancel your order and get in line, wouldn't you rather wait in line for a few hours than have to wait a whole month!?

4. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

thru Apple or AT&T?

5. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Even if you don't get it on launch day by waiting in line, you could probably score one a week after when stock replenishes.

6. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I ordered from Apple's website. I'm thinking that, that date is a worst case scenario deal...I think I will get it a little earlier. I HOPE.

7. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Just to see if this is legit, I "pre-ordered" one and it's showing July 24th for me as well.

8. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Yea man it really sucks...our AT&T store is closed because there was just a murder there so it wont be open for a while so thats why I went with the online ordering. Oh well, I can wait I guess...

9. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Heh, that sucks about the AT&T store. I don't plan on buying a black one, I just was surprised that Apple is out of phones for the next month. They'd better shut down those orders or they're going to find themselves backordered until Christmas!

I didn't actually fulfill the order though, as I'm waiting for the white iPhone. Plus, with this much madness I'm sure stores are going to be swamped, I think this will be worse than the iPad shortages. Short answer: we both have to wait.

10. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I agree man...but July 24th damn...but now I just got a order confirmation email from Apple saying it will ship July 14th and I should recieve it between the 15th and 19th. So I dont think they really know what's going to happen.

11. geneticfusion macrumors member

Hey, my birthday!

Hm, maybe if I pre-order the black I'll have something to open since this is my birthday present, heh.

I'm waiting for white, but I might cave on the 24th and get the black...I just want the phone.

12. dmx macrumors 6502

I hope Apple will fulfill all their preorders before they send additional stock to retail stores.

13. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

Same here, could care less what color it was. I just wanted the damn phone heh:D

14. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Well, ships by July 24th, which means it can ship before, but the 24th is the latest. It's just a worst case scenario thing. Apple usually does this so customers don't get angry when they don't get confirmation of shipment the exact day that they were promised. I agree with everyone else, just wait in line and try to buy one the day of. I am most likely going to try and buy it the day of. Only problem is that I don't know where is the best place to get it, AT&T, Best Buy, Radio Shack, or Walmart? There isn't an Apple store nearby, unfortunately.

15. geneticfusion macrumors member

My closest Apple Store is an hour away. My plan is I'm going to go to Wal-Mart at midnight and see what's up, and if they don't sell any then, I'm gonna go to the Apple Store at 3am and wait in line.

16. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I wanted the white one so bad but I just couldnt wait any longer so I just said F it and went with the black...the black isnt a terrible looking color.

17. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

18. dmx macrumors 6502

I'm guessing that your phone will ship well before the 24th. Possibly around the 15th or the 16th since they just pushed the date back to the 24th from the 14th...

19. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Will stock at the stores be available daily on a first come basis? Non preorder/launch that is. My second line is eligible for an iPhone upgrade on July 3rd. Do I order that on online or just go into the store> How long do you think the wait will be?

eV