Anyone else bored now?

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Where are the updates. What self respecting PC user is going to switch to a platform which doesn't update their computers. I'm bored waiting now. Apple my be messing with ThinkSecret but they're also messing with their shares. The only macs people are buying at the moment are Mac minis and PowerBooks (but even those, people are holding off for g5.)

Apple hurry up. Otherwise i'll start thinking "look how far behind apple are". I don't think there's a Dell which has been on the market for 371 days (c.f. the eMac).

Just my rant.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Not so much bored as curious as to what Apple has in store for us. They may be delaying introducing new PMs to give more coverage to their FCS offering.

Comment

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Well, Apple's sales do seem to be up, so it's not like Apple's really suffering. It would be nice to think, though, that with an impressive round of updates momentum could really pick up and start pushing Apple back into the mainstream.

Comment

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
I know what you mean, I wish Apple would release something to get us excited too. Something like a new OS, with loads of cool features, they could even give it a really trippy name like, "large orange stripy feline thing", man that would be so cool...:rolleyes:

Comment

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Software updates are just as important. Why use all the fireworks at once? Do you prefer long displays where you can take in the glory of each firework, or setting them all of at once and going well that was nice, but what now?

There is a reason why we aren't hearing everything, we have had Tiger & FCS in the last week or two. I would expect some more updates after the release of Tiger.

Comment

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Sun Baked said:
https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6621&stc=1
that's a classic!

Like mentioned above, right now is the time for Tiger and the FCP Studio...give it a week and you'll see new machines. Its a pain, and I know because I'm buying a new iMac when it comes out.

D

Comment

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
Lacero said:
Not so much bored as curious as to what Apple has in store for us. They may be delaying introducing new PMs to give more coverage to their FCS offering.

Yeah, the anticipation is killing me. I think just a couple more weeks though........... :rolleyes:

Comment

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
Mr. Anderson said:
that's a classic!

Like mentioned above, right now is the time for Tiger and the FCP Studio...give it a week and you'll see new machines. Its a pain, and I know because I'm buying a new iMac when it comes out.

D
Just in time for Tiger's availability. :)

Comment

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
i'de like to see something new before september -- thats when i plan on purchasing a new powerbook -- would be nice for it to handle HD-DVD and Motion ... LOL

Comment

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Yeh! Wake up :p Ok, I take onboard your point, that I should be happy with Tiger etc etc. But I like dreaming about things I can't have, and when your life is a dream, how does one go on?

Apple, I implore you. Bring out a $500 amazing iBook and I'll kiss your b*tt :)

Comment

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
SpaceMagic said:
Yeh! Wake up :p Ok, I take onboard your point, that I should be happy with Tiger etc etc. But I like dreaming about things I can't have, and when your life is a dream, how does one go on?

Apple, I implore you. Bring out a $500 amazing iBook and I'll kiss your b*tt :)
By your thread title, I thought you meant 'bored' in general.

I am really bored. 2.5 hours left of my work day. :(

Maybe I'll fish tonight.

Comment

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
"It's all about the software dummy"
or so said by Steve Jobs.
Without OS X, every mac is a dead donkey!
For every copy of Tiger Apple sell, they are making a new computer, look at it that way!
Wait till WWDC - i think we're in store for somthing (I can just sense it!) I recon a new G5 and a new eMac (unless apple have given up on the "e" market - which they might have done given the release of the Mini)

Comment

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
4God said:
Just in time for Tiger's availability. :)
That's exactly why I'm waiting and getting one pre installed with Tiger instead of dealing with upgrading after the fact...

D

Comment

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
Why do people piss and moan about Apple not upgrading computers when they're not even going to buy one. Are you buying an eMac? I doubt it. I just bought a new PowerBook and I don't plan on replacing it for 3-4 years. So, I don't give a damn what Apple does/doesn't release until I'm ready to buy again. SHUT UP!

Comment

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Pismo said:
Why do people piss and moan about Apple not upgrading computers when they're not even going to buy one. Are you buying an eMac? I doubt it. I just bought a new PowerBook and I don't plan on replacing it for 3-4 years. So, I don't give a damn what Apple does/doesn't release until I'm ready to buy again. SHUT UP!
Just because you don't plan to upgrade, doesn't mean others don't. Plus, how does one know whether or not they are to upgrade if they have not seen what's on offer.

Comment

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
SpaceMagic said:
Where are the updates. What self respecting PC user is going to switch to a platform which doesn't update their computers. I'm bored waiting now. Apple my be messing with ThinkSecret but they're also messing with their shares. The only macs people are buying at the moment are Mac minis and PowerBooks (but even those, people are holding off for g5.)

Apple hurry up. Otherwise i'll start thinking "look how far behind apple are". I don't think there's a Dell which has been on the market for 371 days (c.f. the eMac).

Just my rant.
i totally agree with you, i made macrumors my homepage long ago, before i even started posting in the forums, just because i wanted to know what new mac stuff was here or would be coming relly soon, i'm very dissappointed at the moment

Comment

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
keysersoze said:
ennui = bored in french
It is also an English... many of our borrowed words from French:

Main Entry: en·nui
Pronunciation: "än-'wE
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from Old French enui annoyance, from enuier to annoy -- more at ANNOY
: a feeling of weariness and dissatisfaction : BOREDOM

I am not bored about Apple not releasing products... I'm just bored in general; but not annoyed.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.