Anyone else burned by Macy's Black Friday sale?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ryanyoungmq, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ryanyoungmq macrumors newbie

Did anyone else get an email from Macy's saying their Apple Watch Series 3 is being placed on back order "Indefinitely"? They claim there are no watches available in the supply channel...

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Well it could be the truth. Not much Macy's can do if Apple tells them that is all they are going to get. B&H got stung with AW4 sales as Apple did not send them any at first.,

3. ryanyoungmq thread starter macrumors newbie

But B&H typically does pre-sales without knowing their quantities. I would hope that Macy's had an idea of what their supply channels could provide for them. Plus the way they're handling it is atrocious. When asking to speak with a supervisor, the overseas support guy finally just said next week it'll ship and hung up on me.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I would hang up, too, if faced with a bunch of people DEMANDING to know where their watch is.

Things happen, nothing you can do except move on. Calling is not going to get them to send you a watch. You and I have no idea what information Macy's had, it is done.

Sorry you did not get yours.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If they don’t for fulfill your order, then they simply just cancel it. There is nothing really you can do in this situation, and they usually don’t charge you until the item ships, but if they use the word ‘indefinitely’ as your claiming, then Macy’s themselves has no idea what to tell the customer.

6. ryanyoungmq thread starter macrumors newbie

It was more the fact that I was charged for the watch on 11/22, and still have not been refunded. I was told it would ship sometime after 1/12/19, and they have them for sale on their site currently as "in stock". I don't want anyone to assume that I'm a ranting lunatic that just calls them up and screams with them. I simply wanted either a good estimated shipping time, or for them to refund my money until they're ready to ship. I don't know of many people that want to pay for something that they may or may not ever see. I think it was crummy of Macy's to pull the money without the product, and their customer service has no clue what to do at this point...

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...luminum-case-with-black-sport-band?ID=7119016

7. RonFromOregon macrumors regular

Looks like I dodged a bullet! I missed the sale at Macy's, and ended up buying from Target.com instead for the same price ($199, 38mm AW3). I received it over a week ago.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The fact that you said they use the word ‘indefinitely’, basically free’s Macy’s from making any promises when you will receive it, even if they charged you for it. I would escalate your case if I were you if you have not been refunded yet, especially since you canceled weeks ago.

9. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

There’s a reason department stores are dying. I’d never buy anything from a store stuck in the 50s.