Anyone else buy the Verizon prepay plan today?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Clint1583, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Clint1583 macrumors regular

I hope I didn't get screwed. My wife picked up my new IPod2 tonight at Verizon and told them I ONLY wanted the prepay plan, no monthly data plan. They told her that I needed to sign-up for the first month of a regular data plan and then switch it to the prepay after the first month. Does this sound normal? They also said that by activating my data plan today the $35. activation fee would be waived. I was under the impression that all the activation fee's had been done away with for the new Ipod.

2. eff pc macrumors regular

If you activate on the iPad 2 itself then there is no activation fee. Just tell them no thanks walk out and do it yourself whenever you want with no activation fee ever...that's my impression I got anyway. I actually thought they were ONLY doing pre-paid so this is a first for me.

3. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Yeah I found out I couldn't activate the vzw iPad on my existing line, I assumed I could because I did it with the zoom, so they lost my business bought the wifi only and will return it when I can get the AT&T model. AT&T ftw

4. liquidity macrumors newbie

yeah you got hosed. you do not have to activate. you can activate whenever you want. There is no activation or reactivation fee at all. If they tell you there is, tell them they are wrong and leave the store with your iPad in hand.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Actually if you poke around, it is not known if they will have a reactivation fee. On other devices you have to pay $35 when you haven't had the plan for 3 months or more. This being up in the air is why I am holding off until they clarify.

6. iserian macrumors 6502

Yes they have an activation fee for tablets. They have been waiving the fee on zoom activations... hopefully they will do away with all activation fees on tablets.

7. eff pc macrumors regular