Anyone else buying the watch without knowing anything?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I like the element of surprise. I don't go to the store and check things out before I buy. I like the actual shock for receiving and seeing the apple product when I open it in front of me. Anyone else?

2. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

I never had that experience with Apple products. Before I managed to buy anything from Apple, I would have probably read all the rumours and facts, watched a lots of reviews on YouTube, unboxing videos... and even played myself with the device at the Apple Stores. And then few weeks after (when I would get lucky) be able to reserve one. So no shock or surprises there.

Never waited on the lines either.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Well, we'll know something, but yes, I'm willing to pre-order it (assuming they offer that) and have it shipped to me without trying it on.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's nothing new, as we've been buying iDevices sight unseen in the last several years.

5. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

If the SS is as expensive as some are predicting, the Alum one will be flying off the shelves, and for that reason, I'd order the silver Alum in the first minute of pre-orders with the black band - sight unseen.

6. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I bought the iPhone 6+ without seeing one in real life. I have no regrets.

I'm almost certainly ordering the black Sports as soon as the website allows. I trust Apple. And the reviews and other info I've seen so far. The only element of risk is the size.

7. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

At this point I am getting one based on what I know about it from the September event. Pricing will determine which model I go for but I suspect I will be able to get a SS with leather loop within my budget.

8. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

If that combo doesn't cost more than double the Sport, I might go for it. Blue strap. (Though I'm worried Apple describes it as "bright" blue. I want it discrete and classy.)

9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

What I meant to say is buy the watch without actually seeing and trying it In person

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Definitely looks different (not bad, just different) in photos than it does on their website.

11. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Oh. That's very bright.

The pictures (they're not photos) on Apple's side are a bit misleading, I think. They're all beautiful, but they're CG renderings. I think they somewhat flatter the real thing.

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

13. cleirac macrumors 6502

That is the magic, pre-ordering / buying it unseen.

14. troop231 macrumors 603

15. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I did that for the last 4 Apple products I've bought. It's exciting to open it up and have a surprise :)