Anyone else buying their iPad 2 at Wal-Mart Friday?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by troop231, Mar 8, 2011.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

I'm going to try to head over on my work break Friday (10am) and see if they're available for sale yet.

It's right next door to work so I don't have much to lose, although I guess I could just call.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I just called my local Walmart and 3 people have no idea what time the iPad will be released. So my guess is that it'll be released similar to Black Friday DVD's where the warehouse wheels the pallet down the hall and the customers start a WWE match.

3. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

For some reason I don't think the demand for the iPad 2 on launch day will be that great at Wal-Mart.

4. Davewithak macrumors regular

I called 4 local Walmart stores and they all said they won't know until Thursday night if they're even getting them. I have a friend who works there, so I'm gonna try to see if she can find out anything.

5. doctajay macrumors member

I will be going to either Walmart or bestbuy. The apple store is 20 minutes away and will probably be a freaking zoo

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Post back if you find out anything please.

7. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

The walmart just down the street from my house carries the original iPad, so I'll stop in on Friday to see if they get any iPad 2s in stock.

I can't see a huge line at the Walmart.

8. Davewithak macrumors regular

I doubt there will be a huge line, but I called my Walmart and they said they will have them, they're not sure when, they're usually the last ones to get stuff like that, they'll know for sure on Thursday night when the truck comes in. So who knows?

9. jealousguy86 macrumors 6502

i tried 2 walmarts by phone today and they both said they didn't know when they'd be getting it... even though i tried one of them on monday i think it was and they said they'll get it friday..wonder if i was just talking to an idiot tonight. because the one monday asked around and they actually looked it up and saw it was coming friday. the dude tonight just said nope, i don't know. like an a hole.

10. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to try Wal-Mart on Friday! It's five minutes away from where I live, and I know they carry the first generation iPad.

I also do not think that they're will be long lines at Wal-Mart. Same thing happened with the Wii a few years back. Everywhere I went to it was sold out, and I walk into Wal-Mart and walked right out with one.

Good luck on Friday everyone! :)

11. Cersche macrumors newbie

called my local wal mart today and the electronics "associate" said they wouldn't be getting them until the end of the year..lawls :p obviously not very helpful. they carry the original iPad so hopefully when i get off of work around 4. i'll be able to pick one up. doesn't it scare you that this same person is responsible for signing people up for cell phone service!? i'd be weary signing anything this guy hands to me lol. (i work for a vzw premium retailer and i've seen how bad things can turn out if some things aren't done right)

12. Paperboy2010 macrumors member

Does anyone know if Walmart will be selling the WIFI only, or will they also have 3G models?

13. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Walmart is about 3 miles from me BUT since I don't know what the stock (and model availability) will be I'm going the safe route and ordering online. That way I know I'll get exactly what I want. I don't mind waiting for shipping as I already have an iPad.