Anyone else can't get used to the keyboard noise?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vmflapem, Dec 28, 2016.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

I've used the 12" Macbook and the keyboard was amazing - not too loud and I easily got used to the travel distance. I've been trying to get used to the new 13" Macbook pro's keyboard but I can never get used to it mainly because of the noise. It sounds like I'm tapping on cheap plastic keyboard buttons. Some were saying that I'm supposed to press the buttons very gently and then it's somehow supposed to be 'quieter' than the old macbooks. Even when I press the buttons gently, it's very loud... unless I type 20 wpm.
    Has anyone been able to get used to this new keyboard...?

2. tar_heel macrumors newbie

Same here. Just opened my new 15" - looks SO beautiful (haven't had it long enough to gauge performance), but the keyboard seems very loud to me.... to the point I'm considering returning it. I often use my laptop in mtgs, conferences, etc and the sound would be very disturbing to others (and I find it annoying even alone).

3. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

I type quieter on mine than I did on my 2012 mbp, I also type faster on it than the 2012.

4. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

How do you type? Do you have advice for people like me? lol

5. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

I don't really know, LOL. I used to pound the 2012 keyboard but as the new one is much more responsive I suppose I'm typing 'lighter'.

6. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

interesting... i'd like to learn this new way of typing.

7. bopajuice macrumors 68000

bopajuice

This is a new on for me. Typing too loud? Must be a pretty quiet meeting. Ever considered taking notes with a pen and paper?

8. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

Library is a very quiet place. Also, the reason I got a macbook is so that I don't have to take notes with a pen and paper. I'm a med student - I can never ever get efficient work done in class with a pen and paper.

9. Mac128guy macrumors member

Absolutely love the new keyboard on the 2016 MacBook Pro's, and I was skeptical at first. That said, they are a bit clicky, but for me, I love that audible feedback.