Anyone else charge their iPads 24/7?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by digitalcuriosity, Oct 9, 2018.

1. digitalcuriosity macrumors 6502

My iPads and Samsung tablets never leave my homeiI have an iPad2 been on charge 24/7 over eight years my iPad4 over seven years, two Samsung tablets both on 24/7 seven years my MacPro on charge around eight years, i now have my new iPadPro on charge 24/7 .
    Does anyone else charge their iPads 24/7?

2. canuckRus macrumors 6502a

canuckRus

Yes! iPad 3 & iPad Mini4 majority of the time.

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

5. akash.nu, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018

akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Same, if that. My iPad usage is so low that sometimes I feel like even buying the basic 2017 model was a waste of money.

6. PieTunes Contributor

PieTunes

At home I have two iPads, I use them around the house and just lay them down randomly when not in use, either on the nightstand or coffee table. I put them on the charger overnight whenever either of them get their battery down to around 30%, give or take. At work it's different, I own a business and have three iPads there that I use as kiosks for customers and those are attached to stands and kept attached to power full time.

7. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors 6502

I receive alerts for weather traffic and local crime reports, they pop up on my iPads and iPhone, so my iPads are always on duty 24/7.

8. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Same. I only charge when needed, which is generally about once or twice a week depending on my usage.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Only time my iPad is rebooted is when it updates. Mine has been on 24/7 since introduction!

10. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Add me to the list of only charged when necessary..

11. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors 6502

The iPad can’t be over charged charger shuts off before over charging.

12. Synergie macrumors 6502a

My IPP 12.9 sits on a Logi Base charging dock when at home so yeah, it’s always charging unless I take it out somewhere.

13. muzzy996 macrumors 6502

I top mine off nightly. It stays off of the charger from 5am until 11pm daily.

14. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

My 12 inch ipad pro is on charge 24/7 as well. I treat it as a desk top lap top.

The only times it isnt on charge is when i’m either around the house taking phots, or laying in bed browsing it.

15. Kal-037 macrumors 68000

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Yeah, if they are on all the time, but lately I've had my mini 4 off for the past month as it's use case is essentially nothing with the new Xs Max and iMac I got. I am hoping we get an October announcement and iPad Pro refresh so I can go back to a bigger lighter screen and work on my art, but for now I will wait and see. *I want to say I bet we will get an iPad update, but I want it to happen so the universe will not allow it, therefore making Tim Cook decide to say: "Let's wait until Spring 2019 everyone... just cause." lol :(

But Back to topic, if I am using my iPad more than 6-7 times a week I keep them on and charged. I will disconnect every once and a while to keep the atoms moving in the battery, but it isn't absolutely necessary to let it go down to 20% battery as having it drop to 80% is enough to keep the atoms moving and the battery healthy. I discharge it to 80% maybe every 6-7 months.

16. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

I carry at least one iPad with me all the time and I hate having cables dangling when I'm actually using my devices so nope. I do leave them to charge overnight, though.

The phone however, I either forget to charge or forget to unplug during weekends.

17. Acronyc macrumors 6502a

My iPad use is pretty much only on the weekend, and I leave it off the charger in airplane mode most of the time. I think I only charge it a few times a month, once I notice it is below 50%.

18. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Never charge everyday but guess depends on usage

19. gnomeisland macrumors 6502a

Not trying to troll but why a tablet? And why so many, if they are plugged and stationary all the time? I understand for kiosks but these sound like home use.