Anyone else concerned apple/att ran a million credit checks on you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by olly666, Jun 15, 2010.

1. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

Considering how many times I (and others) tried to complete an iPhone order - anyone else worried your credit score just got obliterated as a result?

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

After 7 hours of trying, I never even got to the screen to enter my credit card info. :(

3. outphase macrumors 65816

4. Built macrumors 68020

Nope. Never got to that point. Plus...I'm already a customer. They know all they need/want to know about me based on my history with them.

They will only do a pull for new service...but then again, it IS ATT, and today was proof that they are certainly NOT at the top of their game.

5. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

No. If you were already a customer, they won't. If you weren't they would only pull it once, regardless of what the server did.

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

No , not really. Unless you are a new customer of course...
    Existing customers.. they are just checking your upgrade eligibility.

7. hippo206 macrumors 6502

I have a credit monitoring service. No check were run on me at all. I just have tired 40+ times. So don't worry.

8. dmx macrumors 6502

Since I purchased at no-commitment pricing (not eligible for any upgrade) I'm guessing they don't check my credit...

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Nope, would only be worried if I had bad credit already...which I don't.

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

few days of each other only count as 1 check on your credit history. Not multiple checks. That goes even double when they are from a single source. This is to prevent you getting really dinged when you are shopping around for a new credit card or a loan. it is assumed that you are bidding out to several places at once so they are not going to count them against you.

11. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Nope, If your an existing customer and you Add-A-Line then they don't do a credit check on you. They just do an inhouse check which is checking your payment history and seeing if you were past due.

If you have been a customer for 6 months or more then you don't have to worry because an additional line would be based on that inhouse check w/No deposit.

If it's a newer customer then there is either a Credit check and or deposit.

And if it was an equiptment upgrade to an existing line or existing family plan then there is no Credit check or any check done just to change devices.