Other Anyone else disappointed they don't have a notch-less solution yet?

Relentless Power

macrumors Penryn
Jul 12, 2016
Unreal. I don’t allow a notch to take away my time during the day to have it bother me to prevent me from upgrading to an iPhone. I mean, it’s somebody’s prerogative if that’s what they want to do, but it’s a non-issue and always will be.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

Yr Blues

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I mean, they came to a solution for the iPad Pro. Just stick the camera in the thin part of the bezel.

Reactions: motulist

BluefinTuna

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2019
I have the iPhone X and the notch does bother me. Not as badly as I had imagined but it does get distracting when watching a video.

Reactions: motulist

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
It's literally a non issue in day to day use, even when I watch video I tend to grab it in that area so I hardly even notice if I am watching stretched video.

UBS28

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2012
Yes, I am not buying an iPhone with a notch. It is 2019 and the competition have removed the notch already.

I’m not going to upgrade to a phone with the same notch as my iPhone X.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2004
I’m not surprised there’s still a notch. Under screen tech is a step back. Look at the speed of in display fingerprint ID and in display cameras in other phones. They fingerprint is slower to authenticate, and cameras are a step back. Having in display Face ID would be compromise.

BluefinTuna

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2019
I think the only people obsessed with the notch are people who don't own iPhones. I don't notice it at all period. IMO it looks better than a hole camera cutout but even that would probably become not noticeable after a while.
There’s a difference between being obsessed and saying that a certain aspect of the phone is not ideal. I live with the notch but will not be buying another iPhone with one.