Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillyBobT

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
I have a 2 - 2:30 pick up time and still says order in progress. I'm in store waiting.

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I have 3:30-4 CST and as of this morning my status is "Ready for Pickup". I may actually be late so I'm hoping nothing happens to my phone.

BillyBobT

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
I have 3:30-4 CST and as of this morning my status is "Ready for Pickup". I may actually be late so I'm hoping nothing happens to my phone.

My card still has a hold on it so it hasn't been charged for some reason. I may just cancel it all. This is frustrating

BillyBobT

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Call the store and ask what's up.

I'm at the store. They said something things happening or not happening at the back end called my card company and they said Apple hand charged the amount yet. I'm just about to leave and may just cancel it all and return my wireless charger. This is ridiculous

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
I'm at the store. They said something things happening or not happening at the back end called my card company and they said Apple hand charged the amount yet. I'm just about to leave and may just cancel it all and return my wireless charger. This is ridiculous

I'm assuming they have no extras? If they do they'd probably want to fulfill your original order so it doesn't screw something else up. There has to some common sense exercised though. If they have extras they shouldn't make you wait too long.

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Do they have any units available for walk in purchase? Just buy a phone and cancel your order.

Reactions: Givmeabrek

BillyBobT

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Do they have any units available for walk in purchase? Just buy a phone and cancel your order.

They have everything but my watch. They said if I cancel it all earliest maybe I can get the Watch is tomorrow.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
I cancelled and got the phones. I won't get the Watch. Oh well
My $.02 - unless you REALLY wanted an LTE watch and/or to use a Qi pad to charge the watch, the 2 would be a better purchase than the 3. I'm still on the original and don't have much incentive to get a 3. The GPS in the 2 is tempting. With the iPhone, I've upgraded every year since my first, the 3G.

BillyBobT

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
My $.02 - unless you REALLY wanted an LTE watch and/or to use a Qi pad to charge the watch, the 2 would be a better purchase than the 3. I'm still on the original and don't have much incentive to get a 3. The GPS in the 2 is tempting. With the iPhone, I've upgraded every year since my first, the 3G.

It would have been my first Watch so I thought it would be cool to have lte but I don't need it especially since I read it can't be used/roam outside of the purchased country and I travel a bit. If I want it I'll just buy it later but otherwise that little bit of money can be spent on other phones I want to purchase by the end of the year like the Xl 2 v30 Essential and possibly the rumored U11 Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.