Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
I guess that why Apple called it Classic because they truly are!

I had the iPod touch for a several days, it was amazing at first but it got annoying.

I had several issues but my main reason for exchanging it for the 80GB Classic? I missed the Click Wheel. The touch is too sensitive/difficult for me, especially when driving I had to take my eyes off the road. This was mainly on Movies.

rbroady

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
i almost got rid of my touch for a silver 160.

the thing looks amazing and can hold just about all my music and video's

...then i hacked my touch, and its rad, its basicaly my pocket computer now.

i just sync and swap very often.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I had several issues but my main reason for exchanging it for the 80GB Classic? I missed the Click Wheel. The touch is too sensitive/difficult for me, especially when driving I had to take my eyes off the road. This was mainly on Movies.

LOL, that has to be a great troll post or you are an idiot :). I prefer to think of it as a great troll post though.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I had fully intended on buying a Touch but got a 160GB Classic instead to use in the car. I don't have to look at the iPod to skip a song or turn up the volume.

I've got 4712 songs, 71 videos, most of those are 45 minute TV shows, 4 music videos and still have 83GB left! It's truly amazing! :)

I use my Classic far more than I use the iPod on my iPhone which was the biggest reason I wanted the iphone!

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I have an iPhone and sorely miss the convenience of the click wheel. I wish that I had my old nano back for iPod functions I should have never sold it). The iPhone/touch are wonders to behold, but they are lacking in that one area.

EDIT: I am probably going to get a shuffle or nano just for the convenience of skipping/pausing/etc.

ds252

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2007
I'm in the same boat here, thought it was really cool for about 2 weeks but i miss the click wheel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.