Anyone else excited but nervous??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Swisspo, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Swisspo macrumors regular

Swisspo

Since the 24th I have read about so many issues and manufacturing defects, that I am kind of scared to open mine when I receive it lol (whenever that may be lol) I am sure a lot of the stuff can be fixed with an update or 2, but man some people have had some crazy problems.. Screen defects, battery defects, I read about glue seeping around one of the bands.. Man I am scared lol:eek::eek:

2. leenak macrumors 68020

It happens every launch. My first iPhone 6 only lasted a couple days before I had to replace it.

3. Swisspo thread starter macrumors regular

Swisspo

That kind of stuff is really heart breaking.. Especially in this case with most people having to wait several weeks to receive theirs

4. leenak macrumors 68020

But Apple is generally quick about replacements. Someone mentioned they found a defect on Friday, they are getting a new band on Monday. So it isn't like you go back to the end of the line.

5. Swisspo thread starter macrumors regular

Swisspo

That's good to know, makes me feel a little better lol.. Man, imagine if you did go to the back of the line.. Especially in this case.. :eek::eek:

6. SayenCroWolf macrumors member

I think with any new launch there's bound to be issues, especially when you move 2.5 million units in the first weekend there's going to be some production issues.

Am I nervous? Not particularly, as there seems to be a lot of threads loving their watch too so it's a spin of the wheel. Do I take the chance and jump on this watch day one, or do I sit back and chill and wait for all the kinks to be ironed out? I haven't done an early adoption of anything in ten years, so this watch is my indulgence for some personal success I hit in the last year and I decided to treat myself.

Apple seems to jump on the defects and issues with military precision, so if the watch I get tomorrow has problems, I know they'll keep working on it until I'm fixed. They're not going to leave my cheese in the wind and not work to make this right.

7. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

I don't think there were anywhere close to 2.5 million units moved on the first weekend. If that were the case then everyone who ordered on April 10th would have received their order or it would at least be on the way. In the case of my watch of choice (42mm SS black sport band) they haven't even made it through the first four minutes of pre-orders yet.

8. Swisspo thread starter macrumors regular

Swisspo

Given everything I'm reading on here, I'm not sure I'm convinced that's how they're fully fulfilling each order.

9. meechy macrumors 6502

10. Salinger macrumors member

Salinger

2.5 million is the total world-wide pre-order. That includes all those who got "4-6 weeks" and "June" ship dates. While I'm sure they've shipped quite a few units thus far, they've shipped nothing close to that number yet.

With regard to the OP's point, no, I'm not nervous. I know I have issues with some of the things Apple does, but one thing they get right is post-sales support. I know if I have an issue, I will be taken care of in the best way possible.

11. SethBoy macrumors regular

Well count yourself lucky you can just take it to Apple. I am importing the watch from overseas and it is going to be a hassle trying to get it replaced.

12. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I'm actually surprised that there aren't more issues. All the actual physical defects seem very minor and few. Most of the issues are software related and easily resolved in future updates. I'm impressed at the relatively small defect rate considering how quickly production was ramped up as well. I just hope they can increase the Link Bracelet production so I can get my watch already #

13. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Very strange, I've been following the threads here and elsewhere on the internets regarding this watch and although everything hasn't been perfect regarding the Watch, I'd never characterise it as "so many issues and manufacturing defects."

Seems a huge overreaction. Perhaps it's mere paranoia, naiveté or simple fear-mongering to which you've been subjected??

Regardless, Apple is continually rated at the top of customer satisfaction, if you have a problem, they'll replace/fix it, no need to worry.

14. SayenCroWolf macrumors member

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtrader...numbers-up-to-2-5m-trouble-for-fossil-movado/

2.5 million is being cited in multiple sources, as well as the fact that the orders received far and away surpasses the amount they have/had to ship, hence the delays. Production ramps up, extra shifts, extra staffers, etc, etc there's bound to be a few mishaps like what we're seeing on here.

Considering the $38m that Apple spent on publicity for the watch, I don't think that 2.5 million is such a stretch to believe at all. Apple will never admit it publicly what they've sold because they don't want to feed the competition that information but look at this site. Is it so hard to believe there are scores of people who aren't even on here foaming at the mouth for their watch?

It isn't for me.

15. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Rest easy. You see lots of complaints. I haven't posted anywhere that my 42mm SS Milanese was/is flawless. People without problems don't run around shouting from the rooftops like those with problems. Manufacturing is never perfect (I make assembly lines for a living), but the odds are in your favor.

16. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

I'm not arguing that many were sold during the first weekend of pre-orders, I'm arguing your claim that 2.5 million units moved (meaning shipped) this first weekend of deliveries. There's no way that many have been shipped because if so then they would be way past the 4 minute mark of pre-orders for the watch I ordered. No way they have actually moved 2.5 million orders yet. The link you provided talks about pre-orders btw....not how many watches that have shipped yet.

17. SayenCroWolf macrumors member

Semantics. For me "moved" = sales made. Not fulfilled.

18. nfl46 macrumors 604

Well, this usually happens with any new products. It's not always good to get the product first because of defects. Some people like to wait a few months until things like this are straighten out. Too bad I'm not one of them. Lol.

19. NAYo2002 macrumors 6502

You won't have to wait in the back of the line. My girlfriends' 6+ had an issue after weeks of waiting. Even though the store didn't have new ones in stock, they had plenty of replacement units. This is the main reason I buy Apple products. I actually enjoy finding little defects, because I end up getting a new phone each time.

I can't say that with any other electronics I own.