Anyone else excited for the Otterbox Defender?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joshwithachance, Jun 27, 2010.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

2. basikelement macrumors newbie

I personally signed up for the email update on their webpage, it will tell you when it is available...

3. basikelement macrumors newbie

As fragile as this phone seems to be, this seems to be the case that will protect it the best, though it is a bit bulky. Anyways, I can't wait...

4. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

No. But I will say Otterbox is a great co. I used a Defender on my 3G for a long time and they replaced it 5 times for me free of charge. I found the case to be overkill and after a while too bulky in the pocket. I had an echo issue and the only way to rectify that was to open the flap on the bottom.

5. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Replaced the case 5 times? What for?

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I work in an industrial environment so I had one for my 3GS. I got a little ribbing for the fugly case on such a lovely phone. But after a year of use my 3GS is as pristine as the day I got it. The case looks like the iPhones that weren't protected.

You may need to learn the "talcum powder cure" for the case, but I assure you it really works.

7. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I'll be getting one, I'll probably have mine naked or maybe a feather case most of the time but the defender will be great for beach trips, disc golf and other "high risk" situations

8. antok86 macrumors member

im still waiting for the otterbox deffender so i can get my new iphone. im not getting my phone till this case comes out.

9. glen e macrumors 68030

when I go offshore fishing or mountain climbing , I'll fit the big clunky one, for all other times, I'll use the commuter...

10. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

1st time the inside of the shield had a large scratch before I even installed it so they sent me a new hardshell.

2nd time I broke the holster because well I didn't know how to use it properly, new holster was sent.

3rd time silicone tore right underneath the sensor/earpiece. Very thin piece of silicone. Then the headphone jack flap tore off and finally the bottom flap tore off. This is after a lot of use. The rubber just weakened. Sent new silicone.

4th time the new silicone part I got no longer fit the hardshell. they must have changed something so they sent out a whole new case.

5th time was for the echo issue and they sent another case. But the echo issue still was there. I still have all the parts of the cases over that time. I felt bad they kept sending me parts and stuff but that goes to show they are a good company.

11. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Wow, not me. I would rather have a cracked iPhone worth nothing, than completely destroying the look and feel of it with that huge case.

12. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

They're great? I contacted them to ask them when they think the iPad case will be available, then they told me they wouldn't tell me and if they did they'd lose their job. How about just say "in the next few months" or "after 8 months" or something better than "no."

For one, the iPad case hasn't come out yet, and dang, the iPad has been out a while now. Now they do the same thing with the iPhone 4 case? Ridiculous.

13. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

They're designing a case that will protect the iPhone from experiencing the shattered glass issues that have affected other klutzy people. Don't you think that will take a little time to get done correctly?

14. Octane19 macrumors member

Yep, the echo was a dealbreaker for me. Everyone I called had to deal with it. I hope they have fixed it for the ip4.