Anyone else excited for World Cup + iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by glxyjones, Mar 29, 2010.

1. glxyjones macrumors regular

glxyjones

Was just wondering if there were any other soccer fans out there looking forward to experiencing the World Cup with the help of the iPad. It would be amazing if there was a World Cup app that would let you stream every game but I highly doubt this. Worst case scenario I'll be streaming whatever games are on TV over slingbox.

2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Any time I would be watching the World Cup there would be a bigger, better TV I would watch it on instead.

4. cualexander macrumors 6502a

What is this world cup you speak of? I have never seen this event.

5. FlashHead macrumors regular

6. rtabdo macrumors 6502

I'm American and I'm very excited to see if a World Cup app comes out for iPad

7. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Here's another Yank who's anxiously awaiting the WC.

ESPN has a WC app for the iPhone, but it'd be nice to see a more in depth one for the iPad.

8. EnderTW macrumors 6502

There is a justin.tv app out for the iphone. I am looking forward to grabbing that on the ipad and watching some premier league action. Plus FA Cup and the UEFA cup.

9. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Haha, I don't care, but my boss is shopping around right now for a 60" + HDTV to hang on the wall in the middle of the office. He's British. I wasn't around this time last year, but apparently he got by on the 42" in the conference room. This one would be more convenient.

Yes, he owns the company, so he does whatever the hell he wants. Lol. I love it. Between Christmas and New Years we had a day where we just played Regular and Beatle's Rockband and ate Jack Stack's BBQ all day long. I got paid for it...haha. I love my job. Our office is similar to the one on the tv show, but smaller and less awkward. Its about as perfect as you can get, though he can be pretty demanding near deadlines. But what boss isn't?

10. donjuan2009 macrumors member

11. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Hell yeah!! I cat wait.. Being a South African and living in the UK.. I cant wait to get my iPad just incase I need to watch any games on it as a back up.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Think of the World Series, but involving teams from more than one country. ;)

13. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

Can't wait for the WC!!! Up the Yanks! :) This would be great if they had an app, but they better get cracking on it soon! June is coming up fast.

14. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Seinfeld...

Tell me about the stooges.

The World Cup is like the World Series, the Super Bowl, NBA Championship, Stanley Cup all wrapped into one globally. National pride is on the line and nations rise and fall faster than in major wars.

The beautiful game will see billions and billions see the biggest show.
    Carl Sagan from the other side is predicting.... billions and billions through the cosmos will be watching. :p