Anyone Else Experiencing Activation Delays?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maverick1337, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Hello guys, I have searched about this for the 24th and I haven't got a definitive answer. But today AT&T released the iPhone 4 which I was the first to walk out with one, I have one question is anyone else still waiting for an activation? I had this problem with my 3G when it was first released. However, there is one exception. They turned on my iPhone 4 and I saw the message waiting for activation but I had my iPhone 3G in my pocket. On the way home I saw that I had full bars on my iPhone 3G but it did NOT say AT&T next to it. I didn't think I could make calls so I didn't. Next thing I know, I get a phone call on my 3G. How is this possible and how do I activate my iPhone 4? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. realjd macrumors newbie

Try powering off and back on your i4. My old phone lost service automatically but it took a restart for my new i4 to get it.

3. Maverick1337 thread starter macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I've restarted it a couple times and the screen just says "Waiting for Activation. This may take some time."

4. ChrisSD macrumors member

I restarted my phone and it showed up as activated after about an hour of just sitting there saying it was waiting to be activated.

5. realjd macrumors newbie

6. Maverick1337 thread starter macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

7. Maverick1337 thread starter macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

All right I registered my number but when I go to do activations it says that there is no need for an activation. Choose the mobile phone that needs it. Something along those lines.

8. 3eyes macrumors newbie

I didn't get any service on my iPhone 4 on my drive home from AT&T this morning. When I got home, I plugged my new phone into my computer then followed the steps and voilà, everything worked perfectly.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

I had the same issue

Call ATT. Give them you ICC ID # and you'll be all set

10. wildfire723 macrumors newbie

I had no service during the sync and got the same message saying it might take some time, I left the phone hooked up to my laptop and went and ran errands for an hour and came back it was nearly done and still no service, thanks for the tip, I powered mine off and back on, it started service right away as it powered on.

11. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Thank you. This worked GREAT!!!