Anyone else experiencing an AT&T service outage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stampyhead, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

My iPhone has been showing "No Service" basically all day now and I can't send or receive calls. Anyone else experiencing this? It may be weather related as we had some freezing rain this morning and snow this afternoon/evening, but it doesn't seem to be bad enough to knock out cell phone service. I'd like to call AT&T and get the scoop from them, but the iPhone is my only phone so without it I can't make calls!
    So anyone else in the KC area or anywhere else having this problem?

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

They have cell towers in Kansas?

Just kidding....but no, i haven't had this experience (although I'm quite far from you, NY).

3. Stampyhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Ha ha, very funny. You sound like me before I came out here and discovered that Olathe was a suburb of Kansas City, not a hicktown in the middle of America's Heartland.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Do you keep your phone on 24/7...

'cause you can turn-off, then turn-on and 9 times out of ten it should be OK! Did you make any changes to your plan? :cool:

5. Stampyhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

See, this is why I love MR so much. There are so many people here that are smarter than I am. I did make some changes to my calling plan the other day, actually. And now that you say that I vaguely remember reading something somewhere about turning your phone off and then back on after making account changes. So I restarted it and, lo and behold, I'm getting signal again. Thanks, SFStateStudent. I owe you a cookie.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Glad the info helped...

'cause my "experience" with AT&T over the years regarding outages or the system not responding, has always been to "re-boot" or "re-start!" Heard it from the "horse's mouth" a million times, just wanted to pass it on! :cool:

7. sublicon macrumors member

For all the hype about "Fewest Dropped Calls", I've never had a worse experience on another carrier with service and trying to make calls.

I miss Verizon, best service of any carrier in my opinion. :(