Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
This started happening today and I can reproduce this behavior on my family's and friend's iPhones.

The issue: when on AT&T cellular I can't seem to use some Apple services - Find My Friends, Apple Music, & Siri. As soon as I am on WiFi it works. I am in the Minneapolis/St. Paul MN area. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Reactions: AJsAWiz

Mroks

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2015
I am having the same issue. Maps on my iPad and my wife's and daughters iPhones will not work. Also on my phone which I updated yesterday, the new music app will not stream.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
All apps and services work for me. The only issue that I have with AT&T is when I enable HD Voice, my number displays as unavailable on caller id.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
This started happening today and I can reproduce this behavior on my family's and friend's iPhones.

The issue: when on AT&T cellular I can't seem to use some Apple services - Find My Friends, Apple Music, & Siri. As soon as I am on WiFi it works. I am in the Minneapolis/St. Paul MN area. Anyone else experiencing the same?

I had the exact same problem. I called AT&T after I got home this afternoon. They claimed that Apple was experiencing an outage. But, they went ahead and did something on their end. I had to shut off my phone and turn it back on. I still had sporadic problems with the services you mentioned and consistently got the "you are not connected to the internet" message unless I was on wi fi. I just tried it with wi fi off. It works but there is a discernible delay. I'll try tomorrow and see if there is any improvement.

Update 7/6:
Apple suggested replacing the sim card. Just replaced it. Will see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

HerdJC

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
West Virginia
My wife and I traveled from West Virginia to the Apple Store in Lexington, KY today to buy her an Apple Watch for her birthday. Both of our AT&T iPhones (hers a 6, mine a 6+) could not get Apple Maps to work properly and I had issues accessing iCloud to backup my phone (which was necessary as the camera on my 6+ suddenly decided to stop working while in the Apple Store. They replaced the camera and I'm incredibly lucky it actually happened in store as its a 2.5 hour drive). I also had issues with Apple Music in getting music to stream properly. The problem has persisted through both states and still not working properly.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
It seems that things are working this morning. Yes?

Yes, what ever was going on yesterday seems to be gone today. From the accounts I've read online . . . it's crazy how no one (AT&T or Apple) seemed to be willing to take responsibility for this problem.

Update 7/2/15
The problem is still there but sporadic. It seems to clear up if I turn my phone off then back on again. This makes sense because the last rep said something about the phone, maybe, getting stuck on a cell tower. Restarting the phone makes it do a "tower search" again, I think. In any case I will call AT&T again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBONE72

Instapez

Suspended
Feb 25, 2015
All apps and services work for me. The only issue that I have with AT&T is when I enable HD Voice, my number displays as unavailable on caller id.
How do you exactly enable HD voice?
I'm on AT&T with 8.4 and latest carrier update. I don't see that option anywhere in my settings.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

Yep, same here!

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
How do you exactly enable HD voice?
I'm on AT&T with 8.4 and latest carrier update. I don't see that option anywhere in my settings.
Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE > Select Voice & Data

HDVZX94.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.