Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paolobed7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
I Got Two Way Webcam!!!!!!

its interesting that i started the thread and it seems i may have found the temporary solution to our web cam access transmitting problem. first restart the laptop. then without opening any application double click on yahoo messenger. its impt that no browser is running yet. then double click on the friend u want to view and ask for an invite. once u get to view them, without opening ur webcam first simply click on the webcam icon of the friend u want to view you and your webcam opens automatically and voila u have two way webcam. this has worked 6 out of ten times. at least thats still 60% :) tell me how it works for you guys

pao

howard53

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2006
web problems

I am having all the same problems all was fine until last week.Running 10.4.3 on two computers. Yahoo does not seem to care. Usually we cam with relative in another part of country We have tried everything. Even the solution of paolobed7. Any other ideas.....thanks

aygee

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2006
2 way video

I too have had 2 way video, Mac to PC, for a few days. It's now reverted to one way only - the PC user can see me, but I can't see him as Yahoo reports him as offline.

Wish they could get this fixed properly. How about a new release of YM for OSX, Yahoo, if you're listening?

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Yahoo’s New CPO Loves His Mac, posted on January 26, 2006.

Not sure how reliable that rumor is, but it's an interesting read. In particular:
Yahoo is pretty close to putting finishing touches on their Mac Communicator (aka YIM) client, which should be able to meet the high standards of the Mac community.
I am guessing (hoping?) Universal Binary is the reason for delay.

swano

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2006
Toronto
Here's a funny side note. I use yahoo messenger sometimes. I've had no problem with it on my old eMac. I just bought a MacBook this saturday past....and what a difference, I love it. Anyways....I tried downloading yahoo messenger and all I got was an excel file full of jibberish( I still have the microsoft office thing that comes with the mac). Since I don't use it much I gave up on it...I'll try again whenever.
I'm sure I'm not doing anything wrong...and I really don't care if it works eventually or not but does anyone know what might cause that?

snealie

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2006
YIM says I have new emails...

But I don't! It was saying that on the old version, so I downloaded the beta version and it still says I have 8 new messages. I don't have any new messages. I'm on a G5, 10.3.9. I only use YIM for email alerts, so this is a pain! Anyone else having/had this issue too?

Salamat

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2006
Herts, England
snealie said:
But I don't! It was saying that on the old version, so I downloaded the beta version and it still says I have 8 new messages. I don't have any new messages. I'm on a G5, 10.3.9. I only use YIM for email alerts, so this is a pain! Anyone else having/had this issue too?

I think maybe still very 'beta'! The program creates a folder for conversations, and yet it doesn't save any, and there seems no option to save them. (On the Win version you can choose to have chats archived or not...maybe this has yet to be added.)

Salamat

Salamat

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2006
Herts, England
Salamat said:
I think maybe still very 'beta'! The program creates a folder for conversations, and yet it doesn't save any, and there seems no option to save them. (On the Win version you can choose to have chats archived or not...maybe this has yet to be added.)

Salamat

Also find the sound doesn't seem to have been set up yet as I don't receive any 'Buzz', and contacts coming online don't trigger an audible alert!

So......sems to be very, very early stages of development!

Salamat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.