Anyone Else Feel Apps Are Taking Too Long to be Updated for iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SiskoKid, Nov 9, 2017.

1. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

I find it a bit odd how many apps haven’t been updated yet for iPhone X. As a gamer my Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and Steam apps are all not updated. Discord kinda seems updated? Google authenticator not updated (almost seems like the easiest one to update). HBO Go not updated (although it’s all black so it blends in well). Google maps, Amazon video, and so many more popular apps aren’t updated yet.

I love my new iPhone but I’m just surprised there are still so many apps waiting for an update.

2. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

The opposite for me actually. Maybe it's just the apps I use. I have 48 installed on my iPhone X and only 4 (2 QNAP apps, Nest, and PS Vue) haven't been updated. Even my bank app hasn't been updated and they took forever for the 6 and 6 plus.

3. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I thought the same. I would have thought they'd be updated before the X even came out. I was shocked to see all the social media apps were not updated until a couple of days after the X was released.

4. KrisLord macrumors 68000

I’ve found those that I use the most have been updated.

I’m mainly waiting on Tapatalk and outlook.

5. ikenstein macrumors member

1. It's been less than a week
    2. I do wish Google Maps and Kindle would update

6. hrv888 macrumors 6502

Makes me feel like I’m back to my 6s and I came from a 7 plus.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Much depends on your WiFi connection. If it is slow then updates will be slow. Mine updated pretty quickly but I do not have a bunch of games on it.

8. SiskoKid thread starter macrumors 6502

Omg I forgot to even mention Nest, Ring and iDevices! Home related stuff isn’t even updated yet. It’s just odd.

I know the phone has been out only a week but the developers have had much longer to get their apps updated. Obviously they’ll all come eventually but the smaller apps are ugly when they’re open and i hate seeing them lol